Thanks For Your Service

Bill James

In honor of those of you have been willing to potentially place yourself in the opening scene of Private Ryan. Thank you for your service.

http://www.ezchronicles.com/2007/03/what-flying-is-really-all-about.html

Bill James, Fort Worth VariEze

Downdraft Plenums

Quickcowls

There was supposed to be Anhedral???

http://www.ezchronicles.com/blogger.html

The BEST Bill. Just the Best. You have a real talent at articulating the feeling and thought of the experience, and the reverence for those, and those things great.

Thank you.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

It is truly a journey that we have all been through. The treatment of our returning military has been very eratic over the course of history. While I myself was never deployed as a result of a foreign conflict during the course of my enlistment, I have the utmost respect for those who have served and are serving. I believe it to be a true measure of character.

My father was a dive bomber pilot in WWII flying from the decks of the USS Bunker Hill. In one mission over Formosa, his entire squadron was shot down leaving him and his gunner as the only crew to return to the flight deck. Eventually he received the Navy's Distiguished flying Cross and returned to a hero's welcome.

My brother served in the Vietnam conflict as a Door Gunner on a helicopter crew. Incredibly, he was never wounded and receive a "V" medal for his service. He literally stepped off the helicopter, picked up his gear and boarded a plane back to the US with his next stop being Seattle. As he deplaned in the same uniform and wearing the same sweat that had seen enemy action just hours before, he was greated by a cursing, spitting group of demostrators calling him a baby killer and worse.

Those are the highs and lows of how we have shown our appreciation. I don't ever make it though an airport these days without running into some military folks and I always make the effort to stop them and say thanks. They are a great bunch.

....... lest we forget.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Navy combat flights in Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, and over Bosnia. Recently deployed to Iraq as an imbed with the Army (wearing their uniform)---helping them do the electronic warfare thing with their ground vehicles (similar to our aircraft).

BTW, the current welcome back home via the different US airports is outstanding. The USO does a good job leading that effort. The one in Atlanta is especially memorable---but they all do it very well.

And for me...it is an honor to serve. Just makes it that much easier when you know that your country has your back.