What type of plane is this?

Derek449

I am having a hard time identifying this aircraft. It is said to be a Cozy MK IV, but it doesn't look like it to me.

It's an AeroCanard molded kit, but why it has two huge holes in the front left side of the fuselage, I don't know. But it's definitely an AC.

You can see the "covers" to those three front side holes in the photo. One big cover is sitting inside the fuse. The little one to the right.

Different.

Brake access I guess.

Mighty big holes!

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

You can see the "covers" to those three front side holes in the photo. One big cover is sitting inside the fuse. The little one to the right.

Different.

Brake access I guess.

Mighty big holes!

This looks like a highly modified Aerocanard.

1 longer nose

2 possibly wider

3 possibly set up for stagger ez

4 F"0" large with access to feet/brakes and nose compartment from both

sides of the bulkhead (side hatches)

5 Top hatch reveals both feet and nose compartment

6 attachments for right side console (nothing for control bearings yet)

7 no side conduits (perhaps the center "spine" will serve the purpose)

8 Problem with the beautifully finished Cowl. The cowl is, during construction, in effect custom fitted to the firewall and the strakes which at the point of cowl fitting are bonded to the spar. The basic form of the cowl is fabricated in molds (top as part of the entire top including nose -separated during construction, and bottom cowl separately. the "wings" of the cowl are provided as 4 flat pieces of glass which are then appropriately fitted to the strakes and wing roots and then affixed to the preformed cowl

None of these necessary fitting parts is present and or put in place.

9 The strakes look like standard Aerocanard issue as per aerocanard plans the filler caps are installed.

What we may be looking at here is a situation in which multiple planes are being built and the cowl is from the other more constructally advanced project. If not, it will not fit!!!

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D