cs 131

steve

You might find it in the Cozy CPs. In the Long-EZ plans it's listed as 4130 3/8th tube with .065 wall.

Apparantly they didn't copy everything over when they made the Cozy plans.

AeroCanard plans have the same error.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I'm working from memory here, (Plans are at the hangar), but aren't those the little 1/8"-1/4"spacers made from tubing and go up against the canard push rod/canard attach point?

If so, use 4130.

I remember having a dickens of a time finding the drawing on them as well.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.....:o

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

I'm working from memory here, (Plans are at the hangar), but aren't those the little 1/8"-1/4"spacers made from tubing and go up against the canard push rod/canard attach point?

If so, use 4130.

I remember having a dickens of a time finding the drawing on them as well.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.....:o

it holds the "L" in the root of the wing

the two thin al bkts that bolt to the rear of the wing have a bolt(an4) that holds the bearing. this spacer is inside the bkts.

mud,clear as

Steve M. Parkins

thx greg,

that jerry guy just cant be trusted, did you know he lives in a tent ?

Not anymore. I now live in a hangar. Just part time. The rest is in the sky. I flew her myself yesterday.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You can trust me, just not my memory. (Got the 4130 part right, though.:) )

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

Well that was a pretty sneaky way to slip that news to us! A big CONGRATS Jerry!!!! I was wondering when that step would be. I am sure others were also. Please give us your impressions!!! VERY GOOD.:D

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Not anymore. I now live in a hangar. Just part time. The rest is in the sky. I flew her myself yesterday.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You can trust me, just not my memory. (Got the 4130 part right, though.:) )

What great news, Jerry. I'll bet you have a smile a mile wide right now. Good for you!!!

Kraig

P.S. Now how about a report.

What great news, Jerry. I'll bet you have a smile a mile wide right now. Good for you!!!

Kraig

P.S. Now how about a report.

See the thread "Web-Slinger LIVES" on this forum, if you already haven't. The only thing to report at present, is I'm looking at doing some moderate re-working of the downdraft plenum on top fo the engine. Some silly theory about "expansion".:irked: That will happen over the next 2 weeks. Cooling continues to haunt me.

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

See the thread "Web-Slinger LIVES" on this forum, if you already haven't. The only thing to report at present, is I'm looking at doing some moderate re-working of the downdraft plenum on top fo the engine. Some silly theory about "expansion".:irked: That will happen over the next 2 weeks. Cooling continues to haunt me.

Jerry. have you taken any pressure differential readings? the manometer does not lie. you need at least 4" WC of differential pressure to cool a lycoming. making changes on theory is a waste of time. I have seen many plenum designs that work and most of the time it is the duct and inlet design that is the problem. if the duct is to long or to small the inlet can't let the air in and the backed up air makes like a fence for the air to go around the inlet. a short duct is like an orifice and pressure drop is small but if the duct is long and has bends, it will use up all the available pressure before it can get to the engine. every 90 degree bend is like adding ten feet of duct

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Jerry. have you taken any pressure differential readings? the manometer does not lie.

Not yet. I have a altimeter setup I will install to check though. Lycoming states 6" of water pressure differential is optimum.The changes I plan to make will be making my system look more like Ken Laundrie's, which has been running very cool indeed. Not really making changes based on theory, but based on copy-cat-ing.:D

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

was looking for the cs 131 in the book and it said to look on page 16-3, so i did. and there is nothing there:yikes:

is this mistake # 32 or did i miss something ?

CG's can you help me plz:o

is it 2024 ? 0r 4130?

Had to go check our drawing, ours are 4130

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Had to go check our drawing, ours are 4130

i was not able to build it the way it is shown in the plans.

the bearing is recessed and will need to be supported on both sides.

girls, do you sell a .2 to go with the .6 spacer ? one for both sides ?

or do you just washer one side ?

(i cant believe jerry tryed to swipe my thread, probably a boring flt anyway:thumbsup: )

Steve M. Parkins