Jacks past, and present.

Edge 513

I have two share two emails with the group. It explains a lot. I wont post the two pictures, but they are real and may prove the existence of Alien technology, or at least the evolution of a species called CanardusHomoflyamus. YMMV.

Subject: spinner

To: "Dennis Passey"

Date: Monday, October 26, 2009, 4:36 PM

I could not find a wood lathe with a 14 inch swing so I improvised. Used a certified 14 inch spinner of a twin cessna someone gave me, made the cross frame work to hold a 1 inch dowl centered in the spinner, waxed the inside of the spinner and brushed on mold release, used pour foam and let cure. Pulled out of the spinner and used a bottom plum bob for a lower center rotater on the dowl, threaded a 3/8 bolt in the top of the dowl, put in the drill press and presto, a vertical wood lathe. Put some 36 grit paper on a flat 3x 3 ft board and sanded to shape. Really turned great. It is 13 inches and will go all the way to the flywheel. Finished the bottom cowl today but need to order some supplies to finish.

Jack

My Sophomoric email reply;

Well Jack,

You are not well.

You are a sick man.

Very sick.

I would try to help you but I dont think there's is a cure for it.

Your last email is the latest in evidence that you have a rare disease. I just dont what to do with you.

I think It all started years ago when you were watching that blasted Gilligan's Island. You said "Dam, that Professor comes up with all kinds of stuff. He can make a friggin radio set out of a coconut! I gotta take notes on this guy!"...

Then you started watching MacGuyver...

That finished you off.

Everybody knows that Macguyver can literally, if you give him say, 40 minutes, roughly the time his TV program runs each episode, avert a complete nuclear meltdown in a Triton class USsubmarine, and the demise of the Crispy Creme Donut franchises, with just a ball of string, a penknife, some crayons, and a rubber chicken. You caught on to that real fast.

Somewheres along the way you developed this ability of making something out of nothing. "Hey here's a trash can, I'll make a custom Barbecue out of it"!!

On and on it went.

I think the tipping point came with the Pest and Critter control, anti-raccoon, device you assembled from that 120db spud-gun and Judy's Extra large Revlon hairspray can. Ethel down the street a block, said the flames almost melted her mailbox that one evening when you arced a couple good ones towards "Rocky" running away on top of the power lines out front.

You could have at least tried it out in the backyard.

Things like that are hard to keep quiet.

You must know those guys down at the FireDept prettttty well by now.

And to think you are the head of the Loss Mitigation Dept for the City of Aurora!!!! I am ROFLMAO!!!

So... with that the tin cans and strings got taut in a hurry, and word got out in the neighborhood.

People started to hide their GoodWill Industries curbside donations. "No telling what that man around the corner could come up with if he got a hold of Grammas old worn out recliner, the ripped ironing board with the tassels, and that old stringless electric guitar. Dont forget the toaster, CANT put out the toaster.....ffrgetgvahgblubb blub... He could create maybe some kind of flying machine."

Then...they found out.

Despite their best efforts at not trying to feed your obsessive compulsive creativeness, they were no match, and realized it when they found out about the chemicals you were stockpiling in your garage.

The chemicals...oh, your chemicals!!!

Epoxies, and hardners , and slowerners, and fasterners, acetotes and thinnerotes!!! White glistening fabrics and ominous BLACK carbon fabrics... And the dreaded, suspicious white powders in large bags also in your garage!!! Shades of the 80's, where's Sonny and Tubbs when you need them!!!!

Keep the children awaaaaaaaaaaaaay! "That man is up to no good....I tell you, no good, no good at all!"

Ahhhh, Yessssss, he says he's building an AEROplane!! "HMMMM, I bet they all say that", was the hushed. behind cupped hands, reverberation around Blackberry Lane.

Enough!

So they kicked your ass out and ran you down the street on a long wooden rail till it finally came to rest at the airport.

The neighbors all put their hoes, pitchforks and stick-torches away, but still give a wide berth when passing by your driveway. Their sideways looks and cupped hands over open mouths may have seemed to subside, but in reality, its just relief that whatever Jack was doing in THAT garage...he is now doing it somewhere else.

Parents even let their kids walk around outside, these past few years!

So....I say all that, to get to this.

Now you send me some pictures of an upside down Viking hat, a couple of flat sticks and a old Jewish Dredle, and you pop out a custom vertical lathe and a custom built-to-fit aircraft spinner.

Just like that,

Wham, Bam, Thankyou Man.

With your few emailed words above, you describe your seemingly simple alchemic process from concept to reality. Like Captain Kirk synopsisizing to Spock the recap on defeating the Romulans, with a simple leaky Tribble, a common cold, and that blasted rubber chicken again.

Cue the StarTrek music.

I bet if Gilligan and the professor had seen this latest development of yours they would have wished you were on that Crazy Island with them.

I rest my case.

Oh....the name of the disease you ask?......

I-N-N-O-V-A-T-I-O-N.

You got the moves Jack. Its your game. Dance in the endzone Big Daddy. =)=)

And I have to say, that as far as defense, I can only assume your reply to this would be.

"Guilty as charged".

However, I still will inform you I am looking for a treatment, or antidote, or something for your condition. If I dont find it, no great loss.

Just please keep sending me updates and photos of your mania...I appreciate anything you can tribble my way. =)

Cheers,

Me

Dennis Passey

N513DP

Cozy540xtra

Carmel Valley,CA

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

My lathe will turn 15 inches without taking out the removable weighs. Does that make me stupid??? STeve

It does prove you have a big lathe! :D

Now, Me, I am just conceited, overconfident, poorly informed, and immature...what can I say? Oh, add to that I have succeeded in gaining several unwanted pounds and you've got a pretty good picture of me.:P

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Jack does some real impressive work. I've heard of some real history behind the old purple flamed (RIP) E-Racer. A few progressive engine mods. I even heard a rumor of a Supercharged Chevy or Buick motor at one time?

Jack,

Any interest in giving airplane finish and paint lessons?

Thanks Mike, I have fun with it. Glad you're amused. =) I know I drive Marc nuts with my ...'s and iffy grammer. But what the heck.

BTW, Hows the eco-fuel going?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Thanks Mike, I have fun with it. Glad you're amused. =) I know I drive Marc nuts with my ...'s and iffy grammer. But what the heck.

BTW, Hows the eco-fuel going?

It's getting kind of cold for running oil. I'll be in Mexico on business for the next couple of weeks and I'll have to switch back to full strength for the winter. I'll collect used oil over the next few months.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif