AeroCanard SX Painted

jperryfly

We just painted the fuselage and wings on my SX AeroCanard. We will paint the top and canard this week, hopefully. Is anyone else close to finishing an SX? I have an IO-360 A1A mounted. The cowl doesn't fit that engine very well and I had to make some bumps on it. I think a C1C engine would fit better. It would have the fuel servo toward the firewall. Also on the A1A the intake tubes hang down a lot and I had to have bumps for them. Now I have to prepare my LongEz to sell so I can afford to buy some radios and an EFIS etc. I have a Herzler prop.

Long Ez, AeroCanard

We just painted the fuselage and wings on my SX AeroCanard. We will paint the top and canard this week, hopefully. Is anyone else close to finishing an SX? I have an IO-360 A1A mounted. The cowl doesn't fit that engine very well and I had to make some bumps on it. I think a C1C engine would fit better. It would have the fuel servo toward the firewall. Also on the A1A the intake tubes hang down a lot and I had to have bumps for them. Now I have to prepare my LongEz to sell so I can afford to buy some radios and an EFIS etc. I have a Herzler prop.

the C1C is the same dimension as the A1A except the fuel servo is on the other end of the oil pan. same casting. you would need the same bump in the cowling

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

• 4 weeks later...

The intake tubes wouldn't fit and I had to make bumps for them. I think the C1C has different tubes. I also had to make an adjustment for the fuel servo and air filter. If it were on the other end of the manifold I wouldn't have needed to do that.

I used the plenum from Velocity and had to make a big bump on the left top for that.

The C1C would have worked better

Long Ez, AeroCanard