square for cutting foam blocks

Big Steve

Maybe someone else has done this I dont know. I bought a couple of small carpenter squares and drilled holes in them. If I needed to sqare up a block and cut a nice straite square line I would put the foam block on my nice flat table and just put the square on the table and line it up with the mark on the foam. Insert composite cleacos (Hicks drywall screws) and cut away with my hot wire I only had to usually put 3 screws in it to hold it tight enough for the hot wire. I am all done hotwiring I will miss it till I build the next project. STeve build on Posted Image

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Maybe someone else has done this I dont know. I bought a couple of small carpenter squares and drilled holes in them. If I needed to sqare up a block and cut a nice straite square line I would put the foam block on my nice flat table and just put the square on the table and line it up with the mark on the foam. Insert composite cleacos (Hicks drywall screws) and cut away with my hot wire I only had to usually put 3 screws in it to hold it tight enough for the hot wire. I am all done hotwiring I will miss it till I build the next project. STeve build on Posted Image

did the same thing but used nails and they just push in the foam to hold the square

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years