Open-EZ - Open CAD design

adamssson

Lemans, seems like you got in on this conversation probably just as it was dying. As "Vortal" stated back in April, the plans for the Open-Ez are not dead they are just sleeping.

It’s a real shame that with talented individuals (such as Bruce, Adrian, Sam, Aiman, Vortal, TMann, mfryer & emteeoh) can't seem to piece this incredible project together. Sometimes I think that we are afraid it will fail or the worst will happen. In some sense the project lacks a "fall man." If it fails it’s because of him, and if worse comes to worse, it’s "his" fault.

It was said at the beginning of this thread that it must maintain forward progress and now seems to have faltered. I see one month of much activity and then...nothing. Did someone get offended? Did someone die? Tell me what I'm missing!

I just want to say that there is support out there for this type of change. Yes the lack of centralized information, quality pictures (not so w/TERF), and newer/better drawings is a deciding factor to NOT build. You are losing out on continuing this legacy by not continuing progress. A streamlined straight-forward update must be finished.

Thanks for reading my "under-aged" ranting. Hopefully I've not made a complete fool of myself or my generation. And if I forgot someone in the above "talented" comment; just add yourself and give yourself a pat on the back.

- Derek Roper

~5 year guest turned member~

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Derek .... it's more like we are busy building airplanes at the moment.

Everything is already out there and others are currently building open-EZs.

hey are in the same boat as I am (with my RAF Long-EZ plans) and that is there is no factory level support ...... yet we keep building.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

TMann,

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand that you are busy working, as are others. "You never know who is watching" you work. While your web page is sparse, what you do have is like reading a how-to. I like how-to manuals btw.

Anyways my rant: I'm not sure what goal I had in mind maybe it was to inspire?? What I do know is that because of minor differences it seems to be awfully quiet around here. This project couldn't even get to chapter 5 using an excellent model (ch 4). I suppose that's what I'm getting at: get the fundamentals & then build (add in) from there. Debating about whether the nose should be 12 or 5 inches longer is pointless. So generally ignore conflict and debate later. There is so much that can be done that doesn't need exact answers.

Humbly,

-Derek