Builders in the Great Toronto Area

Crazycanuck

I think John Slade has a pin map with all the canard peoples locations on it. I was on one of those at one time, but then found I was off, so I dont know how accurate the map is.

The best tip I got was about being anal with the cut outs of the bulkheads. Dont go to the trouble of doing the template/router thing to get minutely accurate edges. Doing the plans trace and knife edge trim thing is plenty accurate as the way the fuse is assembled later. The edges all get flowed and taped with flox radius' and there is trimming of those edges as needed during that assembly.

But after building my bulkheads and helping another builder build his fuse...I lucked onto the BEST tip of all. Obtaining somebody Else's tub...and moving on from there. Many builders exhaust themselves out by the time they are ready to put the main gear in, and look at the expense of building the nose out, and stop. So you might think of this direction. Its a big project, and the easier/simpler most can make it, increases the odds of finishing it. Following the plans is the first/easiest decision to make. Getting "creative" can have deleterious effects to your completion.

YMMV.

post-4661-141090170531_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Maybe you got kicked off the island?

I wasnt going to talk about it, but Ginger was pissed that I kept after Mary Ann, and the Professor drugged & shipped me out on a hollowed out log.

I was tired of the whole island thing, as the Howells REALLY were a PIA, and the Captain always was trying to make me his little buddy.

Sheeeesh.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.