Sign in to follow this  
Phil Kriley

Matco brake parts and fluid reservoir

Another builder asked - on the mail list - for the specific Matco master cylinder model, and the reply was MC-4, but as luck woould have it, the are TWO MC-4 parts - MC-4 and MC-4 .625

Does it matter?

Also - I've seen photos on builder's sites where they use the Matco lay-down cylinders and have what looks like a glass fluid reservoir - what part number is that? I can't find anything like that in the AS&S site.

Thanks!

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

Just order them from JD at www.InfinityAerospace.com

He's familiar with our planes and will supply the support for any questions that come up.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Another builder asked - on the mail list - for the specific Matco master cylinder model, and the reply was MC-4, but as luck woould have it, the are TWO MC-4 parts - MC-4 and MC-4 .625

Does it matter?

Also - I've seen photos on builder's sites where they use the Matco lay-down cylinders and have what looks like a glass fluid reservoir - what part number is that? I can't find anything like that in the AS&S site.

Thanks!

is this the one? some people have had the clear plastic one crack. I have been using them for 5 years with no problem

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/reservoirs.php

Some of the master cylinder have different bore and stroke. Give Matco a call they will know which one goes on the cozy. I have the Matco triple brake with 1.5" pistons and I use the MC 4 with the longest stroke

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

is this the one. some people have had the clear plastic one crack. I have been using them for 5 years with no problem

Those are the one's I have. Since they're plastic and have a 1/8" NPT thread in the bottom, you have to be VERY careful not to tighten the fitting too much. You can split them easily if you do. 7 years on mine - no leaks or problems. It's VERY nice to be able to see the brake fluid level at a glance.

is this the one? some people have had the clear plastic one crack. I have been using them for 5 years with no problem

Some of the master cylinder have different bore and stroke. Give Matco a call they will know which one goes on the cozy. I have the Matco triple brake with 1.5" pistons and I use the MC 4 with the longest stroke

i have the matco 2 puck, what master cyl. do i want ?

Steve M. Parkins

Same here. The clear one are quite robust. I hung mine high (as recommended) and makes it EZ to monitor on a routine inspection. Matco says you can get by with only one but I like the idea of redundancy with two.