Its a bird its a plane its not a kit!

Thanks for reminding me about the Prescott Pusher. That is a, was a, kinda cool looking airplane.

I remember thinking it looked like a guy could fit a whole little league team in it as it was so big inside.

post-4661-141090169842_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone with prior skills, that may be true.

But you left out the time and money to build the hot wire tool, for one thing. And the fact that you need TWO people to do the cutting.

I bought the cores and am very glad I did. The way I work, it saved me WEEKS. The idea of cutting all that foam, with the likelyhood that I'd mess up at least one part and have to order replacement foam and do it over again, and the effort of cutting a second set of parts backwards...and the skills needed to get the shape just right with no twist...

Not for me. I bought the CNC cut parts, checked them against the plans, and started assembly. No time spent sanding the wire marks - there were none. No worries as to the shape or making a mistake in aligning a template...

I'd say it was a very good investment! :cool:

Nat messed up a wing core then added 1" to the center and recut it and it was like new :P

Steve M. Parkins

Aerocad...........

Supereze.

I just had an epiphany.

Reading back to your first posts about your goal, you could save yourself this whole exercise and just invest in getting the Infinity canard aircraft in production. There is even an investment/shares option on his website. Perhaps you two getting together might really amount to a match.

This from JD's "what you get" explanation section...

" Wings, winglets and canard come to you complete in primer paint -- including installed antennas -- you just install flight controls and paint;

# Fuselage and strakes arrive to you as a top and bottom pre-molded tub in primer paint, wire and plumbing conduits, and heat ducts, are already installed in fuselage walls and floor. Just install pre-molded bulkheads and ribs."

So based non the above, JD has already done the whole deal, producing exactly what you are/were aiming for...a VERY QUICK finished parts kit, that is looking for a guy like you. Everything is already done for you, give him a call. Infinityaerospace.com I think

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I purchased CNC canard cores and was very happen with them. However afte helping Steve cut one of his wings, I now understand how EZ is was. I doubt I will purchase CNC wings for my project now.

Steve had the cores preped and the templates were ready. With those steps, completed I think we had a wing and winglet cut in under 2 hours.

What would be the greatest contribution to the Rutan Canard community is a (public domain) accurate solid model of a Long-EZ, including all of the updates and corrections from the Canard Pusher's. Model should include fiber plies / orientation and foam.

From that model, effort could expand in various directions, by many contributors.

OK... Here's the throwdown. Someone set up a thread just like the cozy thread by chapter and I for one would be happy to provide solid drawings of actual parts. :)

But are we going to have the copy wright disscussion again?? And before it starts can it be done somewhere else? I like my little happy thread here to be about whatever it is.:P

So someone set up the thread and order up a drawing!! :D

Keith.

OK... Here's the throwdown. Someone set up a thread just like the cozy thread by chapter and I for one would be happy to provide solid drawings of actual parts. :)

But are we going to have the copy wright disscussion again?? And before it starts can it be done somewhere else? I like my little happy thread here to be about whatever it is.:P

So someone set up the thread and order up a drawing!! :D

Sorry ....... I'm too busy building a "Physical" airplane to deal with the "Virtual" model.

A lot of folks document their own project as they build but I would have to say that biting off another documentation project is just another excuse for "why I didn't work on my airplane this week."

As that OTHER Nebraska guy say's .... "Git'r done!"

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done