Rough River 2009

As I am going to Reno prior to RR09, I will be in the CA area and am still interested to hear from anyone over that way that has a spare seat for some 'self loading freight' who will go halves in the fuel :) Anyone know of anyone? Marc, are you out there somewhere........ (and will your aircraft be back in the air?)

Bruce.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to RR this year, but I have a few questions.

I wrote a few posts a while back, but have not been active on this forum for a while. The main reason is that we had another kid and I've been in the middle of Air Force pilot training. I still hope to build a Cozy one day, and would like to make it to RR this year while it's still within driving distance.

Here are a couple of questions for discussion:

Is there anyone with a room reserved there who is not planning on going? I called today and they said the only room available was smoking. Or, if you are a smoker and would not mind switching rooms, let me know.

If I come, it will probably only be for Saturday and I'll have to bring the whole crew... wife, 3 yr old boy, and baby girl. I know there is not much age-appropriate stuff for the kids, but I was wondering if anyone else will have young'uns there. Bringing the wife without the kids is just not feasible at this point, and the main reason I want my wife to go is to get an idea of what a Cozy really is and find out more about it.

Also, what is the best time to be there for meeting people and looking at planes (and possibly getting rides!)?

I still might not be able to come based on some other factors (like possibly moving to a new house), but we'll see. Hope to see you guys there!

There's stuff for the kids at RR. They have a mini golf course, swimming area with a beach (probably going to be a little cool for swimming), play ground area with sand and swings and stuff. Sometimes they have activities planned at the Lodge for kids - you'd have to check with the Lodge.

As for the best time for meeting people, planes, and rides - I'd say from Friday afternoon through Saturday night is prime time. EZ population will be dwindling rapidly by Sunday morning.

Dave Adams

Long EZ N83DT

Race 83

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a canard flyer but I hope to make it this year to the fly in. I usually go to Lee Bottom for the tailwheel fly in with my Christen Eagle. This time I hope to catch both of them if I can get the kitchen pass.

I have always had a interest in Long EZs but never actually flew in one. Its interesting to see what you guys have done.

If you see a white Eagle biplane showing up say hi!

I am not a canard flyer/builder but have always had a interest in Long EZ's. Although I have never even ridden in one. I normally go to Lee Bottom for the tailwheel fly in ( the same weekend ) but hope to be able to catch RR this year also.

Audio flyer, if you see a white Christen Eagle biplane on the ramp its me. Stop by and say hi. I'm ex Air Guard and can give you a ride in my Eagle if you are interested. If not, good luck in upt

• 4 weeks later...