Oshkosh 2009

Hi guys, I'm planning my first trip to Oshkosh for this summer and was wondering if there will be a canard forum, and if so, on which day it will be held.

I won't be able to make it for the whole week, so this is why I'm asking.

Hi guys, I'm planning my first trip to Oshkosh for this summer and was wondering if there will be a canard forum, and if so, on which day it will be held.

Unless someone else is organizing a generic canard forum, the only canard related forum that I know about is the COZY forum. I haven't been told by the Airventure staff what day it will be on, but I asked for Friday (the usual day) or Thursday. They've always given me Friday before, so that's what I'd expect.

The CSA weenie roast is on Wednesday, the Beduhn cookout on Thursday, and the COZY forum (usually) and dinner on Friday, for planning purposes.

• 1 month later...

So how LEZ and Cozys will be at Osh 09? I have never been to this event and have always wanted to go. This year a buisness trip that is taking me from my home in Toronto to South West Michigan so I have decided to take the last part of the week (Thusday Fri) and go. I went to Sun N Fun about 4 years ago but I am really looking forward to this one.

The Ez types usually park northwest of the seminar tents. From the main entrance, head for the warbirds and make a left at the last taxiway. They do have a tendancy to spread out, part of the fun is trying to find them all.

No job = no money = no Oshkosh for me this year. :sad: First time I will miss it since 1997.

I truly envy those of you attending for the first time.

My advice, Wear Sunscreen. :cool:

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

JFK

Also walk through all the homebuilt airplane camping areas. Many camp next to their planes.

Sorry to hear of your trying times Richard, best to you in the future.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Take a big memory card for your camera, take lots and lots of pictures ... then post them here so that we can enjoy your good time!

Can't go either this year!

Chris Van Hoof

Johannesburg South Africa

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

I'm flying out today, It will be my first time, hopefully starting a tradition! Hope to see some of you folks there! Happy flying!

-Chris

Chris Zupp

~Aircraft Designer~

Preliminary Design Sequence I: Project Endeavour

Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer

Private Pilot

Well just got back on Monday morning from OSH.

Was a lot of fun. Talk to some nice Cozy owners.

Only down side is that my girlfriend got to see a couple of Cozy IV and Long EZ up close and want me to buy/build a Cozy IV instead of a LE.

Talk with some very friendly poeple also. Will go back next year for a longer period.