Cozy Girrrls hit the road - Houston

Cozy Girrrl

Yeah, I am in my late 30's....my really late 30's......and of course, by that, I mean I am 47 ;)

Geesh, I have never been this old before. I know it cuz I am completely invisible to "20 something" year old girls....ah, who needs em:p :o:rolleyes:

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Yeah, I am in my late 30's....my really late 30's......and of course, by that, I mean I am 47 ;)

Geesh, I have never been this old before. I know it cuz I am completely invisible to "20 something" year old girls....ah, who needs em:p :o:rolleyes:

All the best,

Chris

Oh I remember 20 something, yeah we know where all the dirty old men are at any given time, doesn't mean we acknowledge though :D

Problem is, at some point your brain gets stuck in 30-something, like last night at dinner I was checking out some guy I'm sure is maybe thirty then realised "oops you're way way past that Chrissi"... ah to sleep, perchance to dream... maybe I need to talk to Randi about putting in a pool, "Oh pool boy...."

...Chrissi

Oh... AILERON

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Oh I remember 20 something, yeah we know where all the dirty old men are at any given time, doesn't mean we acknowledge though :D

Problem is, at some point your brain gets stuck in 30-something, like last night at dinner I was checking out some guy I'm sure is maybe thirty then realised "oops you're way way past that Chrissi"... ah to sleep, perchance to dream... maybe I need to talk to Randi about putting in a pool, "Oh pool boy...."

...Chrissi

Oh... AILERON

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:ROTFLMAO:

Dirty old man....Grizzly....Dirty mature woman....cougar. Funny, sad?, fun....HEY, I am still akickin' What others call "dirty" I call HEALTHY!

oh....rotary, aileron and thrust (ok, couldn't resist the last one).

On a real note, I may not have to rebuild my new rotary. It seems as if, HOPEFULLY, that I did not blow my oil rings, but may have been sucking in coolant from the intake feeds. The Mistral intake did not cover properly some of the coolant passages that originally fed fluid to the stock intakes but is not used in our application. I never noticed it 'til I and two others checked it out and made the discovery. I have sealed it all up now and placing the engine back on my bird, in addition to a larger radiator and the larger stock oil cooler.

Hoping y'all get a chance to check it all out during your visit.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Chris, what is the specs for your new radiator?

We're going to use one of Ed Klepies's oil/water coolers instead of a traditional oil cooler. You can stuff it wherever it fits without worrying about airflow for it (much) but need another 10% or so radiator area.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

The new radiator (heat exchanger:rolleyes: ) is a standard Griffin model straight from Summit Racing 22 x 19 x 3 (total volume 1254. Let me know if'n you want the model number). This is close to the size...just slightly higher capacity than John Slade is running (volume 1248) as well as slightly smaller than Dave Leonards at 1320. They are both running turbo's as I too wish to do. (Johns diminsions are 26 x 16 x3 and Dave's are 22 x 20 x 3, if my notation is correct)

I believe when my former build buddy, David Staten (still a buddy, but lost interest in the build due to the length of time involved....he actually has a life:cool2: and he will have access to the bird regardless) sized the original radiator he went with what Tracy was using. So, the original radiator volume was only 685. Tracy mentions in one of his post or papers that this was barely adequate but he was using it due to the limited amout of room under the RV-4 cowl. Well, I have a lot more room on the back of the Velocity, as does the Cozy, so, there was room to expand. Also, I have a medium street port and should be running more hp, espcially if I turbo it. I also replace the stock 3rd gen smaller race oil cooler with the much larger standard 2nd gen model (in addition to the aviation oil cooler that was already in the nose per plans for cabin heat).

Dave Leonard (please chime in Dave if I am mistating) states on his page that he had continued cooling issues until he bit the bullet and went to the larger radiator. When he did the coolig issues became secondary....IIRC.

I have some of the in process install pix if anyone is interested.

When you come down, I will expect your critique.:o I am trying to get the hangar presentable now...please excuse the mess...and all the dripping on the floor is just to reinforce the epoxy covered floor the contractor installed. :-)

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

... If you really want to know who else is building a plane in your neighborhood, just ask your UPS driver. They know everything!

...Chrissi

No chit! I'm now meeting neighbors I never knew I had!

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

As luck would have it, I have "Intoxilizer" training starting tomorrow through Friday. I understand it is a very boring class except fo the day they get you drunk to test ya <g>. HOWEVER, as a result, I will have next Saturday, the 28th, off, thus allowing me to fully partake in the CozyGirrrl activities. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing information and a few yuks.....and I promise to leave the Intoxilizer in class.

All the best,

Chris Barber

(Richard Session's hangar mate)

Velocity SE with a turbo rotary 13b

Ellington Airport GA hangar Alpha Papa

Houston, Texas

832-818-CELL (2355)

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Chris, try not to consume all the Longneck Rednecks OK?

We'll be in Houston noonish on Friday.

Unless we are able to make some tour arrangements we'll go get the furnace loaded then start meeting up with everyone as best we can.

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Glad to hear that they still do the "practical" for this training. It gives the students something to look forward to after what is otherwise a boring week of classroom instruction. Back when I did that in '82, we had the old "breathalyzer" machines where you ran the sample through the glass ampules. I was one of two operators on the whole midnight shift and got burned out real quick dealing with the obnoxious drunks and let my certification run out by "failing" the recert class twice in a row after about 6 years of doing it. The bosses finally got the message that I was not going to do it any longer and sent some less senior Officer's through the class for their turn. Good luck and enjoy it while you still have the desire to serve!

Dave Clifford

Retired after 28 years :thumbsup:

As luck would have it, I have "Intoxilizer" training starting tomorrow through Friday. I understand it is a very boring class except fo the day they get you drunk to test ya <g>. HOWEVER, as a result, I will have next Saturday, the 28th, off, thus allowing me to fully partake in the CozyGirrrl activities. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing information and a few yuks.....and I promise to leave the Intoxilizer in class.

All the best,

Chris Barber

(Richard Session's hangar mate)

Velocity SE with a turbo rotary 13b

Ellington Airport GA hangar Alpha Papa

Houston, Texas

832-818-CELL (2355)

Glad to hear that they still do the "practical" for this training. It gives the students something to look forward to after what is otherwise a boring week of classroom instruction. Back when I did that in '82, we had the old "breathalyzer" machines where you ran the sample through the glass ampules. I was one of two operators on the whole midnight shift and got burned out real quick dealing with the obnoxious drunks and let my certification run out by "failing" the recert class twice in a row after about 6 years of doing it. The bosses finally got the message that I was not going to do it any longer and sent some less senior Officer's through the class for their turn. Good luck and enjoy it while you still have the desire to serve!

Dave Clifford

Retired after 28 years :thumbsup:

That's our Dave; always the troublemaker.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

Home Safe

Hi all. We drove straight home on Sunday, about 15 hours.

We want to thank everybody who helped, participated or had good intentions to try to meet up with us and the rest of the group.

We had a great time and a very good trip. We now have a nice big heat treating furnace in the back of our minivan that we will figure out how to remove it this next weekend... oof, about 400 lbs... Thanks Steve Robbins!

Steve's got a Mk-IV tub and its looking mighty fine.

Richard Sessions went all out to put people together and help us out.

Chris Barber was well on his way to recovery after his strake problems.

We also got to see Frank Caldeiro and his LE, and Mark Ewart's Mk-IV project.

Great bunch of guys down in Houston; Thanks Y'all!

See our tour of NASA aircraft www.CozyGirrrl.com

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo