Ortell Infinity Gear

Waiter

Does Nico check in here?

I'm interested in the internal guide tube. I need to barrow it for a month to take some measurements. I may be able to come up with a source to make this tube assembly out of steel.

If anyone is interested in replacing theirs, please leave a note here. I don't know about cost yet, but I'm sure I'll need a minimum number of orders to even start work on this

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Does Nico check in here?

I'm interested in the internal guide tube. I need to barrow it for a month to take some measurements. I may be able to come up with a source to make this tube assembly out of steel.

If anyone is interested in replacing theirs, please leave a note here. I don't know about cost yet, but I'm sure I'll need a minimum number of orders to even start work on this

Waiter

the ones we had made were a exact copy of the aluminum ones made out of a chrome moly tube we bought at AS. if you like we could send your sample to the same machine shop we used, Bormar machine. I believe we paid $300 for two plus the chrome moly

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Lynn Erickson,

I had your gear (Bill Ortell's) and now own the 2nd generation Infinity Gear. The 2nd gen infinity gear guide tube is a 1 piece machined AL tube, whereas your steel chromoly stell tube was (if I recall) 3 peices. The steel guide tube, and two AL half-cylinders, bolted to the top of the chromoly tube.

Lynn,

How did they make it? I assume they would need two pieces, the slotted tube portion, and the top piece. These two items would then be jigged so they are straight, then welded!

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Lynn Erickson,

I had your gear (Bill Ortell's) and now own the 2nd generation Infinity Gear. The 2nd gen infinity gear guide tube is a 1 piece machined AL tube, whereas your steel chromoly stell tube was (if I recall) 3 peices. The steel guide tube, and two AL half-cylinders, bolted to the top of the chromoly tube.

the top pieces are actually one piece, not two half cylinders, bolted on the slotted tubes.

Waiter, I have the gear, so if you need to know something feel free to contact me.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. (Dr. Emmett Brown)