N200LZ: Chapter 10 - Part Two

TMann

If anyone is real curious .......... send me a check and I'll ship my canard to you.

Why not take it to Rough River and do a demo by loading it to failure? Given the general lack of test data available for these designs, there would probably be quite a bit of interest in the results. (Put a tent around it and you could charge admission for the peep show. :D )

Joe Polenek

Joe

Cozy Mk IV #1550

• 2 weeks later...

As you know from my Chapter 25 pages, the "milling machine" was the cat's meow for contouring the top of the canard. I was unable to do that on the bottom because the hinges get in the way.

I made a sled to contour sand the bottom of the canard. I'm not sure if the WH Contour Sled idea is better than folding napkins or crushed ice, but it's up there.

I'll have pix up on my website shortly.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

About the weight of your first canard...

Did you squeegee out the excess epoxy from each spar cap tape as you went along or did you rely on the vac-bagging to draw out the excess for you?

As for what to do with the first canard, a proof load test is mucho cooler than a cutaway specimen. :D

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

About the weight of your first canard...

Did you squeegee out the excess epoxy from each spar cap tape as you went along or did you rely on the vac-bagging to draw out the excess for you?

As for what to do with the first canard, a proof load test is mucho cooler than a cutaway specimen. :D

He could do both. There still might be some relatively undamaged areas left that could be made into a cutaway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just realized I never posted an exact weight as a result of my rebuild.

19 lb 1 oz

Well worth the effort I think. I'll transfer that experience to the new parts I build.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done