Ventral fins to prevent deep stall?

Steve Innova

I don't like to be the guy who stifles conversation regarding innovation and this is not an intention to do so. However, one would think that it would be easier just to correctly calculate your CG and adjust it into the known safe limits. Seems no more difficult that calculating the amount of fuel required for the trip.

I am not a pilot yet, so a make my comments with a certain humility. However, it seems that there aren't many aviation accident scenarios that don't boil down to some sort of pilot/builder error.

Crazy Canuck

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cozy MKIV #MK1536

Any NTSB Records? (didn'T find it on the NTSB Website)

I heard that many years ago. It was suposed to have happened in France.

I cannot verify the validity of the story so it could be falling into the BS catagory.

The only example that comes to mind as far at the subject matter of this thread was a Velocity (factory test) that was deliberatly loaded to an aft CG and got into an unrecoverable stall. The pilot was going to jump but opted to strap back in and ride it down to a water landing.

As far as getting a normally loaded canard aircraft into a deep stall that is not recoverable ............ show me.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I heard that many years ago. It was suposed to have happened in France.

I cannot verify the validity of the story so it could be falling into the BS catagory.

Roger that, that story could defiantly fall into that category, however I would think that a modification such as an all flying canard would require quite a bit of design and testing before a flight should be attempted.

Roger that, that story could defiantly fall into that category, however I would think that a modification such as an all flying canard would require quite a bit of design and testing before a flight should be attempted.

....... it's not going to be ME! :yikes:

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done