Itch, itch, itch ........

TMann

Well I did my first lengthy layup since I received the new gloves and sleeves. Much better indeed.

I did notice that I had previously been using the heavy duty latex gloves previously (blue) which may have contributed to the lack of problems previously. (My wife told me that's what they use in the chemo-therapy portion of the hospital.)

I think the next pair I order (butyl) will be the next size smaller. I added two pair of the lightweight latex gloves over the butyl so I could peel the first pair after the layup ........ cut my peel ply, perf ply and bleeder/breather layer with clean hands and move right into applying those materials in a protected mode and slide the part (the canard in this case) into the vacuum bag.

Previously I would have spent a night in misery after a 2-3 hour layup.

Much better this way.

Note:

• I will have to wrap some tape around the gloves. The sleeves had a tendency to push the cuff down.
  • I should be cutting my V/B materials prior to starting the layup.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

In my miniscule experience I initially tried the Puffer method, just barrier cream. It worked well on small layups, I just didn't touch the epoxy and was very comfortable. Unless of course somebody else picked up my squeegee with epoxy dripping off their fingers...

Just didn't work on the first big layup I helped with, poking UNI into corners only seemed to work with fingers, and it felt like chemicals to me, so on with the double gloves. With the gloves on I just don't seem to be able to keep MY fingers out of the epoxy.:irked:

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane