Cores from Eureka

HiGeez

I would like to tell everyone about a rare opportunity I had a few weeks ago to visit Eureka CNC. I was so imppressed by the attention to detail that goes into every step of the hot wire proccess. Furthermore, I would suggest that if anyone is interested in building a Long Ez or Cozy or any other canard aircraft get your wing cores form Eureka you will not be disappointed. Steve, the owner, has wing cutting down to a science. It would be impossible for a novice or even a veteran of foam cutting to cut a set of wings out with that kind of precision. What I really liked about the whole process was the absolute use of every inch of foam, nothing is wasted. Obviously, alot of thought goes into the layout of parts. Another nice thing about Eureka cores is when you buy a set of wings or a canard, your not paying for a bunch of foam stock that will ultimately end up in the trash. In other words, when you buy foam from say, A/Spruce or Wicks you get these giant blocks of foam that you are going to pay shipping for. When your done cutting your wings your going to find that alot of that foam is scrap. With the Eureka cores you only pay for the foam that you need to make your parts. You save on shipping, you save on time, and the quality is second to none. Don't cut your wings out by hand, get the Eureka cores. Your wings and canard will build easier, faster, and lighter. I highly recommend this product to all of our builders.

I'm not only a Berkut builder I'm also a client.

Tony Malfa

I'm sure I'm not the only builder that am curious about the Costs. Here's a couple rough number based on costs from the different suppliers based on prices from their websites.

Wings:

$558.70 - Wicks

$818.50 - Spruce

$790.00 - Eurkea - UnCut

$1325.00 - Eureka Precut

Canard:

$144.56 - Wicks

$213.50 - Spruce

$65.00 - Eureka UnCut

$270.00 - Eureka Precut

Eureka Seems to have pretty good value.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Was said--> "Another nice thing, <snip>, your not paying for a bunch of foam stock that will ultimately end up in the trash."

I managed to use most of the blue foam remnants left over from hotwiring the wing cores. I used blue foam in place of urethane foam in a number of areas, most notably the nose, canopy, strake leading edges, lower winglets, and roll-over headrests.

The remnants came in handy for molding fairings, air intakes, and other items.

Of the foam remnants I had, I'm now down to only two small chunks.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

managed to use most of the blue foam remnants left over from hotwiring the wing cores. I used blue foam in place of urethane foam in a number of areas, most notably the nose, canopy, strake leading edges, lower winglets, and roll-over headrests.

wayne I applaude your thriftyness with the use of the blue foam. I think if a builder where to follow the plans and use the blue foam for which it was intended they may find that alot of the flashing becomes scraps. Be careful though, blue foam I don't think is fuel proof. The other foams that you replaced with blue foam are.

Tony