N200LZ: Chapter 10 - Canard Tips

TMann

The top profile has been checked against the templates and sanded to match. I applied my hardshell coat and when that has cured, I'll sand it out and skin it.

......toast soon.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

What I would do different ...........

JD at Infinity suggested cutting the canard cores as two pieces vs four and then run the spar cap and shear web the full length. That was a good call. That combined with the extruded aluminum supports the full length of the canard ......... very straight.

I also installed my hardpoints before I installed the bottom skin. In hindsight I think I would have cut the cores and make the most inboard and outboard (for each side) hardpoints the full shape of the canard profile. This would provide a good guide to sand to for the rest of the profile.

......just some thinking. I really wish this was my second EZ.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

What I would do different ...........

JD at Infinity suggested cutting the canard cores as two pieces vs four and then run the spar cap and shear web the full length. That was a good call. That combined with the extruded aluminum supports the full length of the canard ......... very straight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the bottom spar-cap runs full length, where will the elevator counterweights go? Me thinks you're going to have to cut two 1" wide slots into that bottom spar cap at the ends.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the bottom spar-cap runs full length, where will the elevator counterweights go? Me thinks you're going to have to cut two 1" wide slots into that bottom spar cap at the ends.

That is correct. It's pretty easy to cut the slots with a router.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

ok, your not right. the cut out is 2 or 3 inches and is cut from the te. the spar tape is 3" and is in the center so you dont need to cut it.

if you need to cut the spar tape you mite have a issue with the rudder falling off:p

Steve M. Parkins

ok, your not right. the cut out is 2 or 3 inches and is cut from the te. the spar tape is 3" and is in the center so you dont need to cut it.

if you need to cut the spar tape you mite have a issue with the rudder falling off:p

We'll know soon. :D

It would be nice if it's not an issue but I went into this figuring it would have to be addressed.

I'll post when I get to that.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

Done ......... finally.

Top skin is on ........ it's in the vacuum bag and tucked in under a pair of electric blankets for the night.

I need to get my plotter back out and reconnected so I can print my templates for the nose.

working .... working .... bit by bit.:cool:

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory