Jigged up longerons today...finally

After 2 months of not doing anything on the plane, the withdrawl symptoms were too much to handle, so I had to make something happen. I cut all my jigs the other day, and today I finally have the longerons setting up in the jigs and curing. I am still waiting on ACS to ship my replacement wood from my last botched cutting job. It really feels good to get back into it again. I made a promise to myself to not let anything else take up space in my garage, and hold me back from building. From now on the garage belongs to the Cozy! :D

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521

After 2 months of not doing anything on the plane, the withdrawl symptoms were too much to handle, so I had to make something happen.

Welcome back to the fold. Yes, the withdrawals can be bad.

I had a good 15 hours in the workshop this weekend. Unfortunately only about 1 hour of it was on the plane! I had a little project for work that I had to build. I'm building 14 of these training aids for work. Completely monotonous to build, but should prove useful for some upcoming training seminars.

I showed a picture of it to DaveB and he said looks like a giant drink container from a take away shop! :envy: I hope to finish them up in another day to two and get back to really building things that matter!!

post-336-14109016192_thumb.jpg

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Drew,

It does look like a giant drink container! I have to build alot of crazy stuff at work too. I work for a Tier 1 supplier to Mercedes Benz, and they come up with all kinds of stuff that they want and tell us to just make it happen. Luckily I dont have to do any of it at home though (yet!). :)

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521

Yep, Drink container.

From the label- It appears you are putting "Electric Kool-aide"[any 60's-70's kids here?] in that 44 oz cup. Is that stuff legal down under? Why build a plane?...you can take a 'trip' with Drews homemade brew...:rolleyes:

Its amazing what lengths one has to go through to be able to pay for the shipping of materials from the USA down there. Just amazing. Good honorable citizen, moved to the dark side...whut a shame....:sad:

;)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Luckily I dont have to do any of it at home though (yet!). :)

It's not my first choice, but it kind of hard to tell the boss, "Hey I'm going home early today to do my work..... ....in the same shop as my plane!" hahaha.

I'm simply running out of time to get everything done from this training. On these things alone, I'll probably have 30 hours.

Why build a plane?...you can take a 'trip' with Drews homemade brew

that's funny. You just earned a place in my signature

Its amazing what lengths one has to go through to be able to pay for the shipping of materials from the USA down there. Just amazing. Good honorable citizen, moved to the dark side...whut a shame....

Don't remind me. Just double anything you would have spent in the states. I'm looking forward to moving home and saving some serous $$$$$.

ok. My apologize to the thread starter. I've completely hi-jacked this thread.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Not a problem Drew. :) I am just posting progress as I go. No matter how little it may be. I hope to have my wood here by wed. My longerons have cured in the jig, now I will be cutting and shaping the masonite while I wait for the rest of the wood. Any progress is still progress!!!!

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521

Did the initial cuts on the masonite for the sides today. I'm letting the 5min epoxy cure on the extensions that had to be added to the 8' sheet. So far to date I have 52hrs 51min total work time on the plane. Still waiting on the wood from ACS so I can finish setting up the longerons.

Rob Wiehl

COZY MKIV #1521