turboprop

I guess destiny, or who knows, we might call it big corporations, don’t want small guys to play with new technology. Labala told me that he was pressured even with sabotage in an event, until the point that he had to sell his patent.

I guess destiny, or who knows, we might call it big corporations, don’t want small guys to play with new technology. Labala told me that he was pressured even with sabotage in an event, until the point that he had to sell his patent.

Are you talking of his turbofan or turboshaft version ?

I thought this guys engine was absolutely fantastic. Good to fair fool burn and it would be very cool..

That said, this last recent post is what Innodyn should have given as the reason for ceased production efforts,,,very creative with a popular shade of conspiracy thrown in. Pardon me while I unwrinkle my eyebrows from off the back of my neck.:)

So did "they" threaten him with death or something, that he "had to sell his patent"?

I love conspiracy theories.

"THEY" the big corporations, are always somehow at fault somewhere. Or correct me if I am wrong.

Williams is one of the smaller jet manuf...nobody else would give a ratsazz about this product. Did Williams threaten this guy with b\ooodyhell? please inform the stockholders. Or maybe it was Lycoming or Continental that said they would off his family? Somehow, this doesnt make sense in the big picture.

I could be wrong.

After all the lunar landing was on a soundstage...I keep forgettingthat.

And to think I was just going to install a "Powered by Lycoming" license plate surround on the BMW later today...

Yep, if Lycoming was to blame, I dont wanna be advertising for those bazturds.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Well… This is what happened as Labala told me.

Firstly, the conspiracy was against his turboprop development GFL2000, and it wasn’t a theory, was real, with the support of the Argentina government which is easy to buy.

As you said that engine was so cool, may be too cool for some others potential competitors (no need to name them).

To give you an idea, executives from Cessna were in Argentina talking to him.

Do you think that reciprocating engine manufacturers like that??? NOOOOOOOOOO

He never was openly threatened with death or something, first they wanted to hire him, then they wanted to buy his patent, but he wanted to manufacture that engine in Argentina and rejected all offers.

On the night before of one the most important presentations he was going to do of the GFL2000… the engine was stolen from the Cessna 182. Just like that… and a week later they threw the engine in front of his hangar.

The support from the government was thru the DNA (= FAA in the US), that forbade the C182 from flying with that engine.

After all this he sold the patent.

Secondly, he is developing a new toy, a 660lb of thrust turbofan that I talked about some replies above. Can you imagine that on a VariEze, the thrust equals the empty weight. COOOOOOOOOOL… as far as you never exceed the VNE.

There are these two videos on youtuve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypoyRLDdBsg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhEy9Zm22C4&feature=related

As up today he only has one prototype. And as far as I know there is no production projection yet.

PS.

For further information on the GFL2000, 7 of them are currently being used for uranium enrichment for energy generation purposes, proving the great strength of them, and 3 of them were sold to individuals in Argentina for aviation purposes, but got no clue of what they have done with them. I wish I had a bigger budget for my engine, because if I did… I would be doing all research possible to find one.

One more thing about the fake lunar landing.

On the Myth Busters show they busted all theories about it, but we should check how independent they are.

One of the weakest ones was that there are no stars on the lunar sky when there should be more than we can see from the earth because of the absence of atmosphere. They were on the clear side of the moon, right? So, day time. So… when can you see stars during the day? The sun block them, doh.