EC Cutter (Dritz Scissor copy) - YMEN Aust

Spodman

Looks very interesting ...carbide too =)

Yes, stationary foot insert and self sharpening. The cutter wheel is ogtagonal. I do not think it will be good for cutting an intricate shape but will do straight lines well. I may use it on wet material but will have to watch the blade binding. Time will tell....but a nice gadget at $60 AUS

Yes, stationary foot insert and self sharpening. The cutter wheel is ogtagonal. I do not think it will be good for cutting an intricate shape but will do straight lines well. I may use it on wet material but will have to watch the blade binding. Time will tell....but a nice gadget at $60 AUS

Well, give it hell for awhile and please get back to us, ok?

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking at the Bosch cutter today, they look like the dog's knackers to me. Man in shop says they cut 3mm acrylic!

Didn't buy one because:

:cool: I've got the imitation Dritz already, and

:cool: I'd just bought the Bosch Multi imitation Fein. Cost AUD149.http://www.bosch-do-it.com.au/boptocs2-au/Product.jsp?country=AU&lang=en&ccat_id=95226&object_id=14153

I note the supplied disc doesn't look as invulnerable as the Fein HSS, the manual says use the optional diamond disc for fibreglass, can't get 'em yet, and didn't need it for the job I bought it for...

Had to go to bed before trying it out on some offcuts Drew gave me, which are already the size of sardine fillets. I'll have to come around and chop some bits off your boat Drew!

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Spod, for the sake of comparison in real money, how much ae they asking for the Fien Multimaster there... single speed?

Doing a quick Google search, the cheapest I found was just for the tool and no accessories at $209. Most are from over $400 to $800, depending on the model and included accessories.

Cutting blades are $60 for a 3 pack.

As far as I can tell, there is no "single speed" Fein MultiMaster. There may have been at one time, but Google doesn't show one.

Boy, what a racket, make a $40 tool and sell it for $400! Likewise, make a cheap stamped and hardened blade that cost 50 cents to make and sell three for $60.

I wonder why Harbor Freight doesn't have a tool like this already? The patent on this expired some 20 years ago.

WileEZ

"All of my ideas are suspect until proven otherwise!"

how much ae they asking for the Fien Multimaster there...

Can't get 'em. I'd have been prepared to pay a bit more for the known quantity of having one, but have had a good run with Bosch tools also. US tools are a bit rare here.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman

Spod, for the sake of caomparison in real money, how much ae they asking for the Fien Multimaster there... single speed?

Bought one with variable speed in June 2006 for $ 499-00 AUD. Came in steel case with range of blades, sanding attachments and the like. Best thing since sliced bread. I will check with the same company in the morning for latest price.

I looked at the Bosch a few days ago and found it slightly larger to the hand than a Fein. the halfmoon blade is also larger than Fein.

Hennie

Can't get 'em. I'd have been prepared to pay a bit more for the known quantity of having one, but have had a good run with Bosch tools also. US tools are a bit rare here.

Actually you can get them here - just not at Bunnings.

take a look at:

http://www.multimasterfein.com.au/

http://www.justtools.com.au/category870_1.htm

http://www.idealtools.com.au/multimaster_sets

I paid ~$300AUD for a START kit about a year ago, and an additional $80 for a HSS blade form my local Glenfords tool shop.

Andrew Winkworth

Cozy MKIV #937

Brisbane Australia

Let's not forget the clone from Dremel either (and only $99 for the whole kit). I saw this for sale on the net, and the ad claimed it (the Dremel) can use Fein blades, but they look different to me. http://www.dremel.com/en-US/tools/Pages/CategoryProducts.aspx?catid=21

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

• 1 month later...

Didn't actually have a carve-off today, but did compare my Bosche with Drew's Fein. The have about the same power, produce about the same occillations per killicam and make the same noise when you pull the trigger at each extreme of the variable speed.

The Bosch standard cutting wheel looks very similar to the Fein HSS, except it has a segment cut out, which I have found useful for plunge cuts. The Bosche wheel will fit the Fein, (we didn't try, only just thought of it, but the packaging of spare blades says it fits), but not vice-versa, (which we did try).

For anybody at Drew's plane day today that I vaguely recollected the price I paid, I did get it wrong, it was AUD149 from Bunnings Aerospace. The Bosche segmented cutting wheel is AUD45 from the same place. Haven't seen the diamond wheel yet, but reckon the standard will do the job as good as the Fein HSS.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman