EAA COZY/Canard Forum at OSHKOSH 2008

Folks:

Last year (2007, for those keeping track), along with the COZY forum at OSH, we held a generic "canard" forum as well. Both fora were well attended and well liked (as far as I could tell). Assuming that the EAA permits it (which I have no reason to doubt), I will plan on organizing both fora again this year. With that in mind, here's a recap of we presented last year:

COZY FORUM:

* COZY MKIV Aircraft - Soup To Nuts - Marc Zeitlin

* Stretched O-540 COZY MKIV RG - Chris Essylstyn

CANARD FORUM:

* Stagger-EZ Introduction - Steve Wright

* CSA Introduction - Terry Schubert

* Blended Winglets on an E-Racer - Marc Zeitlin

* Propeller Loss / Desert Center - Marc Zeitlin

COZY DINNER:

* Belleville Washer Testing/Propeller Retention - Marc Zeitlin

With that in mind, I'd like to get feedback on a number of areas for each forum:

COZY FORUM:

1) What COZY related topics / presentations / issues / should we

discuss?

CANARD FORUM:

2) What general canard related topics should we discuss?

So far, I have a few provisional presentations for these two fora for this year:

a) Yair Gil may talk about his planned Israel - OSH flight

(and it will be very fresh in his mind :-) ) in his new

COZY MKIV.

b) Mark Beduhn may talk about vortex generator installation on his

COZY MKIV

c) Bill Allen (planned for last year but couldn't make it) may

talk about his cross-atlantic flight of a few years ago in his

Long-EZ, and also about his Wilkch Diesel installation.

Does anyone have a presentation they'd like to make at either forum? (10 - 15 minutes or so). Speak up, and help out! Something on your plane, your build, flights you've made, modifications, etc.

I will give some form of the standard COZY spiel, I suppose, although it's getting pretty long in the tooth; most folks that show up are NOT walk-ins, and I can understand why Nat was getting tired of giving it after 15 years or so :-). Many of you have seen it a number of times - you've got to want to see something new, too.

So, any and all ideas are welcome - we had over 100 folks at each forum last year, I believe. I'd like to keep these as vibrant, useful fora for the whole canard community, so speak up, and I'll see what I can put together. I'm happy to help with the creation of the presentations - don't be worried about not being a "Powerpoint" guru, or not being a presentation expert - people WANT to hear what you have to say.

Responses to the COZY and/or canard email lists, please, or directly via email to me. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Folks:

I have received preliminary information from the EAA on the scheduling of the OSH 2008 Canard and COZY fora.

The Canard Forum will be on Thursday, 7/31/2008 at 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM, and the COZY forum will be on Friday, 8/1/2008 at 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM.

I'll have the locations as the time gets closer, but obviously they'll both be in the forum tents.

As I mentioned in a previous email, a number of volunteer presenters have had to drop out, but we've still got more than enough information to share in the 75 minutes alloted for each forum. When the official schedules and locations are published, I'll list the presentations in each forum.

Hopefully, folks like Terry Schubert, Mark Beduhn and Daryl/Kim Lueck can give us some info on the CSA weenie roast, the COZY/canard BBQ at Mark's hangar, and the COZY dinner - thanks to all who organize these things!

Responses/Q&A on the COZY/canard-aviators mailing lists, please.

"....but we've still got more than enough information to share in the 75 minutes alloted for each forum."

:yikes: NO! please, anything but the long version of "Bellville Hell"! :bad:

Seriously it is a really interesting experiential story of what transpired when you lost it ..your prop I mean, and the washer part is too, but for the rest of us short attention span theater types could you keep the washer part to 5 or 10 min or so and refer us to an online white paper on your web site for the nitty gritty?

It is valuable information but not "forum tent valuable".

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

What instructions not following, you? [yoda]

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I was just reprimanded off list for not following instructions... no really?

What? We have instructions? I thought this was a free speaking site as long as there's no attacks. I heard no attacks but only constructive criticism. Bellville Hell.... I can't get up! :ROTFLMAO:

Sorry for the off-topic. We just have too much fun here! Thanks for the post Marc.

Off list, no less ... there is a paralell universe then? :scared:

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop