fuel sight gage

michaelj

I have fuel sight gages with three LEDs bonded to the base of each. In the same package are two units that I'm not sure what they are ( I'm the fourth owner of this project). They are red, about an inch long and have three wires protruding from one end (red,blue,yellow). Does anyone know what they are?:confused:

My guess is it;e for illumination only. Did they come with a level indicator?

Red ball or something?

The other two sensors near the bottom appear to be a level warning but I have'nt seen these on other site guages so it may have been a builder mod.

Most likely they came from Vance Atkinson. He's the only guy I know that makes these.

There have been some changes to these. A fitting (I think it's a pop rivit without the shaft) has been added to the new kits which helps keep the system open and ensure accurate readings. If the lower hole gets obstructed, you could get a false reading of full which happened to John Slade.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

There are sensor-based systems out there that passively sense "low level." Typically, you'll see these as two sensors placed on opposite sides of the site glass about an eighth to a quarter ways up the site glass from its empty level. On the system we installed in my buddy's Long-EZ, the sensors were wired into an electronics box. The box tied into two "low level" warning lights that would illuminate whenever the fuel level reached the sensors.

This is not to be confused with LEDs that are there simply to illuminate the site glass when flying at night.

....and no, I no longer remember the name of the system or from where we got it.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks