Heads Up Display

jeff122670

Once I get this I need to find a tiny and brigt LCD screen as my real output. I was hoping to find somethign witha VGA connector but so far I'm looking at 200-300 bucks for a 4" 320x200 500 nit display unit. I dont want to spend that much jsut yet...

$2-300 is very cheap! I was looking at $1000+ for my Planar touchscreen.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you dont want the touchscreen edition for a production HUD. I imagine it would be a little bit hard to reach. ;)

Even for a mock up, it would be oodles cheaper to just get the standard one. I couldn't see using that display for much else as it's only one color.

Hrrmm, foudn this while doing some googlin'

http://store.earthlcd.com/SK-3021-SK3021

350nits is a bit low and I woudl prefer a VGA connector but 100 bucks is lot less....Plus, I'm curious to see what I can do with the widescreen aspect since I would like a pitch ladder plus altitude and airspeed ribbons....Dunno, I'm a long way from THAT yet.

I'm curious to see what I can do with the widescreen aspect since I would like a pitch ladder plus altitude and airspeed ribbons....Dunno, I'm a long way from THAT yet.

If all else fails, you have a wicked display you could glass in for.. erm... in flight passenger entertainment? :D

EDIT: Look for anything with a "HI-Brite" label or something of the sort. A quick search through their site found this little 1000nit gem: http://store.earthlcd.com/SK_3024?sc=7&category=234

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aieman

I ran across a guy at ARR, Aurora, IL. where I am at and you might want to contact him about a hud unit. He says he has a working hud and flir. Drop him a line, nice guy, his name is Todd Ashcroft. - akrotodd@yahoo.com. See what happens.

Jack

E Racer 113

Jack,

I think Aiman's still in the startup stage. How about you? Seems your beast is dying for the next step.

Neverquit

I personally have little interest in a Hud or Slir. I was having a conversation with Todd Ashcroft and the subject came up. He is very knowlegeable on the subject and was just passing it on to the web sight for what it might be worth. I am just finishing up a new top carbon cowl, should have the AC back in the air by the end of the month, hopefully.

Jack

E Racer 113

Any chance Jack- you might make it all the way to Canards de Mayo in Columbia, Calif the first weekend in May?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

We would sure love having you here, and its a great turn-out of fliers and folks at this great historic California Gold-Rush town location! Thanks, and I'll be in touch.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

great to hear about a canard get together, but please try to stay on subject...

i have the beamsplitter and assembly all together and it works well. the trick is to make sure you have the antiglare coating facing the right way (thanks Cozy girl!!)

i have contacted Mountainscope and he is going to re-write his software to only show the pitch ladder, A/S, and ALT....not terrain. this will work well for a HUD....

his display interfaces with DYNON......so that is solved as well...

anyone having any luck....?

jeff