The ONE AND ONLY Scaled Composites CM-144 aircraft FOR SALE

Agreed. It's the same warm and fuzzy I get when I talk to the Quick Build RV guys...

That's a step in the same direction, but two orders of magnitude different. One of the engineers at Scaled is building a QB RV-8. I visit the project every once in a while, and there's still a LOT of work to do, and he WILL know the plane inside and out completely, to the same extent that I know the COZY. That, I don't begrudge. He'll have 1500 - 2000 hours into the build, and that's more than enough in my eyes to qualify for Am-Built status, even with the QB kit.

It's when you have a "QB kit", a factory or secondary "assistance center", and the builder ends up building 5% of the project because they used the loopholes of the "majority" rule to claim that the builder did more than 1/2 of the "operations" to build the plane.

That's a load of BS, and if the FAA would tell 3 or 4 of those folks "sorry, don't know what you've got there, but it's not an experimental amateur built aircraft - good luck with that", this nonsense would stop fast. Boy, I wish I was a FSDO inspector sometimes...

• 5 months later...

I'm working on getting a webpage up with pictures and some videos of the plane. Please send me an email and i'll shoot you some pics of her. Asking price is $150,000. Thanks.

Just thought that I'd point out that this same plane is now for sale in Trade-A-Plane, six months later, and the ASKING price is now $60K.

When it gets down to $20K, maybe I'll be interested.

I will agree- I was being kind in one of my previous posts about its looks..butt ugly is hard to sell....EXPERIMENTALY Butt Ugly will maybe have to be given away. All the guys that are desperate for a steerable nose wheel may be drawn to that wonderful feature.:rolleyes:

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

A steerable nose wheel really isn't that impossible. Just canibalize the nose gear from a suitable certified aircraft and modify the NG-30s to fit it.

However a Long and a Cozy must kneel down when parked. Also the way the rudders are independently linked to the pedals might cause a little head scratching to figure out.

• 7 months later...