seatback cut outs

radman

I am building a Cozy IV and found that I am missing the cut out for the bottom of the seatback found on the drawings, I guess it got ripped off at the printers? I was just wondering if anyone had the demensions on hand.

If you are talking about the cutout for the heat duct and the map pocket, I would not bother cutting them out at this time, nor would I make the circular cutouts. These can all be done later, when you are putting the sides together and installing the heat duct and the map pocket.

I did my cutouts based on the drawings, but they don't match up well with the map pocket/seat back brace. :( I'll have to do some "clean-up" work.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

ps: The dimensions are in the plans book, not the plans sheets or M drawings.

I did my cutouts based on the drawings, but they don't match up well with the map pocket/seat back brace. :( I'll have to do some "clean-up" work.

How much? I haven't cut these in the seatback yet, but plan on roughing them out so it's slightly easier (hah!) when I glue/tape the seatback in the tub. Think if I stayed 1/4" inside the line I'd be OK? (leaving the torque tube cutout til later though).

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

ps: The dimensions are in the plans book, not the plans sheets or M drawings.

How much? I haven't cut these in the seatback yet, but plan on roughing them out so it's slightly easier (hah!) when I glue/tape the seatback in the tub. Think if I stayed 1/4" inside the line I'd be OK? (leaving the torque tube cutout til later though).

Rick

The height of the cutout didn't match, nor did the width...I can't recall the details - I just think that you'd be better off to wait until your seatback brace was ready before making that cut. YMMV.

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

I found that the corners were way off, not even close to the right shape, and I needed to reshape them to match the fuselage sides, even though both areas were to plans and built pretty accurately, I think. My seat pocket area though I found lined up very well, I was worried because I missed the part about cutting it undersize and then matching it up later, so I was concerned about it being off centre, but it turned out to be a matched fit - so for here I think the plans are well drawn. The corners though, I think the projection was messed up.

I agree, wouldn't bother much on the corners till later, then just cut them to fit your sides.

Craig K.

Cozy IV #1457

building chapter seven!

http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/chasingmars/index.html

The upper and lower corners of my seatback fit the fuselage sides just fine. I used the computer based bulkhead templates available on Marc Zeitlin's website. I now have all the bulkheads mated to the fuselage sides, and all of the fit with no trimming except for the upper forward landing gear bulkhead (had to sand 1/16" off of the top of the ears down to 0" at the bottom of the bulkhead).

Radman, are you able to open and print the CAD drawings, because they seem to work well.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem