Main gear tab thickness

Phil Kriley

looking for a web that shows flairing for main gear.

what do i seal the fitting that fits into the brake caliper with ?

i am trying to flair mine today and redo the naca and gear cover.

here a some pic from today. ty in advance

Let's see if I follow you.

You are trying to plumb your brake calipers. What kind of tubing are you using?

The fittings that you show, in the picture, are compression fittings. You don't need any flairing at all. When you jamb the nut down, the little brass barrel shaped thing that goes on right after the nut, compressis, seals the tubing and the joint.

If you are using metal tubing nothing further is usually needed. If you are using Nyloseal, no further is needed. If you are using Nyloflow, (:mad: :mad: :mad: ) you need a brass ferrule which prevents the tubing from collapsing.

Now if you are talking about FAIRING, that is a totally different matter. There are a couple of choices each of which must allow the gear to bend on landing so that the fairings are not cracked.

Since I have not done this on this aircraft, I will leave that discussion to others.

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

thanks, the fitting must be installed into the caliper, then the Nilaflow will mount to the fitting. acssc sent the fitting with no glue or tape:mad:

the flaring I'm referring to is the part that covers the gear where it meets the tub. i got some pic (if there under 500mb)

post-474-141090168894_thumb.jpg

Steve M. Parkins

thanks, the fitting must be installed into the caliper, then the Nilaflow will mount to the fitting. acssc sent the fitting with no glue or tape:mad:

the flaring I'm referring to is the part that covers the gear where it meets the tub. i got some pic (if there under 500mb)

Steve, I suggest that you don't use tape for the same reason that you don't use it in fuel systems (little bits can clog) use the goo (teflon pipe stuff)

My mistake was your calling them flairings. They are actually called fairings.

Gotta run

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D