Epoxy Mixing

Cozy1200

How long to you mix your epoxy  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How long to you mix your epoxy

I wish my "Lawn ornament" Was as far along as mr. edge13"s is Yes I mix my epoxy until it looks good. I am using ez 84 so it is really ez to see when it is done. If I took 5 minutes for every cup I made My last 8 hour spar cap layup would have taken 12 hours ez. Ps. Get your mind off body parts and get back in the shop and build the lawn ornament. STeve:D

Roger that. [salute]:D

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Update.

Apparently 5 minute epoxy cure in five minutes. . . once your past waiting for your first first part to cure :D

(A watched pot ...)

Rick

You might want to read the bottle again. I'm pretty sure that the WORKING time is 5 minutes, and that full cure is quite a bit beyond that. 20 minute epoxy has a working time of about 20 minutes, but doesn't reach full cure for hours.

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

Phil:

You might want to read the bottle again. I'm pretty sure that the WORKING time is 5 minutes, and that full cure is quite a bit beyond ...

Five minutes, it's gum stage.

5 minute set, 15 minutes to handle, 1 hour to fully cure (though I doubt this, just because)

On topic: I don't stir for 5 minutes :)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

As a side note:

Dave R (Berkut) also incorprates superglue with accelerant for those 5-min. epoxy operations. I never saw that one before but that's a tip on his video.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done