Sign in to follow this  
Waiter

Electric Roll Trim System

I've had several people ask me to share my Electric Roll Trim system design. I installed this system when I originally built my EZ back in the late 1980's. SO, Its been a well proven system (2,600 hours) with no problems.

Basically, I used a MAC servo ( I think they are RAC now), made a spring loaded rod assembly, then attached this to the Aileron torque tube in the rear seat.

Check out all the photos and instructions at:

www.iflyez.com

Scroll down on the left side to CONSTRUCTION, then click on ROLL TRIM.'

The only change I made was to rewire the MAC Servo so I can control it using the Infinity Stick Grip, rather than the original momentary contact switch that was recessed in the left armrest panel.

Good Luck

Waiter

I've had several people ask me to share my Electric Roll Trim system design...

While this certainly looks like a compact, reasonable system, the "Wright-Hanka" roll trim system as shown on:

http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/bsiu/Ch17_01.html

might be a bit simpler, and guarantees no hysteresis from friction in the spring system.

I don't have either - just the plans system, but if I ever install an electric roll trim (which I don't really think is worth the effort as a retrofit, but I'd probably install if I were starting over), I think the WH system is the one I'd use from a simplicity and operations standpoint.

My $0.02.