Long-Ez/Canard builders and Flyers in D.C Area?

HI, I just got the project moved from Watertown NY down to Alexandria VA where I will be stationed for 3 years flying C-12's (King Air 350 for you civil types) and was wondering if there are any canard builders/flyers in that area whom I could buy lunch over a little conversation. I have been out of the loop for a year and a half in Afghanistan flying H-60s and am working my way back to getting restarted on the Long EZ. I do have some questions about the engine mount and firewall setup as I picked up a 160HP Lycoming O-320. I also aquired an Blue Mountain Efis one Gen 3 and will be doing the long nose mod to accomodate the box. It is good to be home and I have a nice big two car garage to finally get some serious work done on the Long. I should have her in primer by next fall:) It is good to be home and kinda good to be moving to a more temperate location with a nice big garage! Be safe! Sully

I work at Pax River (based out of 2W6). I have about 600 hours in Longezs---but have a Cozy now. My mods on the Longez included downdraft cooling, O-320 engine with engine mount mods and longeron extrusion mods. Also did push-pull cables on the throttle and mixture and brake master cylinders up front. My website (but dated) is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~swensonaw/

Currently on IA in Iraq---back next summer.

Hi Drew, that is awesome. I hope we can hook up when you get back. A good friend of mine is at PAX now attenting the XTP Course. I will look you up next summer. Thanks for the response and I will ping you about the 320 mods as that is the route I am going. In the interum, keep your head down on the ground and check six! Be safe and let me know if you need anything down range. Sully

Drew, looking foward to it. The XTP course is the Army slang for the Navy Experimental Test Pilot Course. Very few slots are available each year for Army Helo Aviators to attend so he is quite fortunate and from what I understand it is quite a challenging course. When he graduates he will be doing R&D on Army helo and fixed wing mods as well as new aircraft. He is a smart guy...the upper level math makes my head spin so I chose to go operational fixed wing after 15 years of helos. The C-12U and T2 are nice to fly...not as fun as a 14 but a nice break from helos for a while. Be safe. Sully

Oh---just never heard it called that--maybe a name change? I have just heard it called TPS (Test Pilot School). I graduated class 116---RIO. Did flight testing in all three F-14 models---mostly software upgrades---but did include adding new capability. Also did a lot of chase flying for the Tomahawk program (F-4, F-14, F-15, F-16).

• 1 month later...