Yankee one ready to take shape

Whoaa. Waiter and TMann-You guys are in a different camp. All began from a guy who has just started taking over a tired old project and made a comment that is ridiculous statistically.[which is why I asked the question anyways] You all are arguing over now over wearing a chute or not....or asking your passenger to wear them. The vocal very cool :\Longeze fighter guys want to, and the vocal Cozy guyz posting don't. Jason makes a lot of sense about asking everybody to don chutes before they get in the airplane...if you're are a regular guy. I know most of us are. If most of us told our wives we expected everybody to wear chutes- I'm sure most of us would not find anywhere near the support for our building bug or flying bug. I really think thats a point.

If you want to be Maverick and Iceman and goosestep around the ramp..cooool. We will be happy to give you wide berth as you slick back your hair and make your way to your Ninja 1000's.=] There is something for everybody here and for the 1%'ers who want to wear a chute....its groovy. I think the majority of us are not with it there.

And by the way...us fat guys look silly in tight Airforce style flightsuits- so I'm saying all of this VERY tounge in cheek, because I wish I really could be like you guyz.

I could get good at goosestepping, if I practiced I think.=]

And the retracts definately do help the 'fighter aircraft' look. Those have to be a part of the whole scenario.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

HI Damyankee here!

We were talking about me putting a berkut canopy on my plane. OH, by the way fueltank and I have talked over to parachute thing and she's cool with any safety equipment we need to have (Sadie wants mom and dad to come home).

Just for giggles yes I had a ninja 1000R turbo before tom ever thought of riding one, and I did work on Kelly's sailboat before it burned in fl.

I HAVE THE NEED THE NEED FOR SPEED (and a little sanity)

keep those cards and letters coming.

Thanks damyankee,fueltank and Sadie (pit bull in charge of security and ground crew):cool:

OH, by the way fueltank and I have talked over to parachute thing and she's cool with any safety equipment we need to have....

Yankee, I don't think things got to far from your questions considering your desire for a Berkut style canopy was based on jumpin out, I'd help if I could but mine opens sideways:)

Out of curiousity, have her read Marc's prop loss story and put herself in his wife's seat but replace "we're going to land" with "we're going to bail out" and that was with a flying airplane, not one that you would jump from. Throw in a fire or some missing flying surfaces and see if her perception of safety equipment still holds.

Regards,

Jason T Heath

MarkIV #1418

heathjasont@yahoo.com

• 5 months later...

Hi Troops

Sorry for the delay in updating But we have been busy making a living and doing more research for the plane. We have been removing the remains of the right and left consoles and the old throttle system and have been doing some sanding and fairing to the fuselage and stakes.

I am trying to sort out if I want to go with a oil cooler in the nose as the past owner wanted to do, similar to a velocity (he lived right do the road from them). I am considering using a electric heater and the original naca inlet unfortunately finding a system to run off 12 volt seems to be the hang up, any body got any ideas or info on a supplier we are open for suggestions.

Here are some photos

Cheers damyankee, Fueltank, Sadie and our newest member Gabriel (kitten asst. to Sadie pit bull in charge of security and ground crew) no kidding:cool:

p1000137.jpgp1000138.jpgj1000139.jpg

Damn, the IMG tags are for referencing pictures already out on the internet (which is why they're not showing). Looks like you need to attach your pictures so all can see. You may need to press the [Go Advanced] button when editing.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

If you want to be Maverick and Iceman and goosestep around the ramp..cooool. We will be happy to give you wide berth as you slick back your hair and make your way to your Ninja 1000's.=] There is something for everybody here and for the 1%'ers who want to wear a chute....its groovy. I think the majority of us are not with it there.

And by the way...us fat guys look silly in tight Airforce style flightsuits- so I'm saying all of this VERY tounge in cheek, because I wish I really could be like you guyz.

I could get good at goosestepping, if I practiced I think.=]

And the retracts definately do help the 'fighter aircraft' look. Those have to be a part of the whole scenario.

How about Nomex flight suits complete with cool patches, gloves, and a helmet too?