Kit parts to buy for a start

steve1428

Anyone have any thoughts on what parts of the kit to buy for a start, actually I just want to buy it all in 2 purchases, so if you had to buy around half of the kit to start, what would one buy? Also, I have a very large space to build in, so I can make multiple setups and builds of components and leave them lying around to cure.

When I started, I bought all my foam at once. It's pretty bulky so you are going to pay 'Dimensional Weight' for shipping so you might as well as get it all at once. I bought all my glass at the same time also.

For the hardware, I bought by the chapter, but when I bought a bolt, I made sure I bought all of that bolt for the entire plan at the same time.

Don't buy all your epoxy at once but make sure you stay a gallon ahead of what you need at the time so any interruption in supply won't stall your project. Don't buy too far in advance because the hardener does have a shelf life.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

As I recall, the dimensional weight for my foam was between 400-450 lbs.

Actual weight was closer to 80 lbs.

Make the trip to GA.

Also ..... if you plan to vacuum bag, buy a lot of batting while you are there. That's another item where the shipping costs more than the material.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I've got lot's of vacuum pumps from the lab I work in, I was thinking about using that technique. I've asked the guy at AS to take a few days and see if he can put an entire kit together for me. I was thinking my pickup and a large uhaul trailer but that's gonna run me 800 bucks from Boston, I don't know if it's worth it.