Rough River 2007

Okay I am back from RR and a visit to the grandkids and my daughter whose husband is in Iraq. Had a great time at RR. Did everything on the list.

1. Sit in a finished cozy IV ( I have never seen one in the flesh yet)

2. Scope out noses, Canopies cowlings.

3. Decide on rudder pedals.

4. Meet other builders

5. If I am lucky get a ride.

6. Have a great time checking out canard aircraft.

My first day there (Thursday night) I saw my first in the flesh Cozy IV marc's plane. I looked at rudder pedals:cool: but hard to decide on flying aircraft. Met tons of other builders and made some new freinds. Marc Zeitlen was kind enough to give me a ride in his often flown Cozy IV it flys very similar to my old longeze just more control pressure. Yes I did get a good canard fix. My thanks to the organizers and all who attended to make it a great event. I am planning on attending next year if life allows. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

"All talk" you say?! ;)

I'll be there, further along than now, and roaring to go. The magnitude of this project has sunk in this past year, and I'm determined to someday finish on the cheap, straight, and narrow.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Uploaded a few:

www.concours.org/rr/2007/

28k modem (no joke!), so it's only a few, and they're resized.

Good fun, cool planes, neat people.

Rick

Hey Bro' Rick!

You have the eyes for camera work. Thanks for the memories! I hope to see you again next year, by golly, bring along some completed bulkhead!! :)

Cheers, Bro!

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

Hey Bro' Rick!

You have the eyes for camera work. Thanks for the memories! I hope to see you again next year, by golly, bring along some completed bulkhead!! :)

Cheers, Bro!

I took 288+. With that many, one/two gotta work out ;)

Wouldn't miss RR, I'd walk there if it came down to that.

BTW, any bulkhead I make this winter will be glued to a canoe that'll need a big fan to move... ;)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

I went to RR this year as I did the past 3 years. Each year is getting better and better. I had a special treat this year. I am building a Long EZ and had called the Cozygirls a few weeks earlier before RR about the control system. Chrissi had offered to build the whole assembly from bearing to bearing and everything in between Cozygirl style. She put together a perfect machine percision system using forked handles as the Cozy IV Plans use and pressed sexy bearings that makes the controls feel so silky smooth. I will never have to worry about slop in my control system. Thanks Cozygirrls :D

I will have to take a picture of the assembly and post it here.

http://tomslongez.com

Tom McCormick

http://tomslongez.com

Almost done the nose section.

Yes, your control system setup a la CG products is outstanding!!! The only 'improvement' is to use taper pins to connect the tubings. Nonetheless, the bearing is ultra smooth! Kudos to the 'Girls' for a magnificent piece of craftmanship!

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

Remi:

It is good to see you posting. I just came in from beating my head against the wall. I am trying to line up my main gear I have it drilled the plates mounted and the sucker will not line up. I have a fix in mind but I have to get a right angle drill from work to drill the floxed in screws and plates. I should be putting on my axles by now. Steve

:mad:

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

You have the eyes for camera work. Thanks for the memories! I hope to see you again next year, by golly, bring along some completed bulkhead!!

Likewise here too Rick. Thought I had enough RR pics but there's always room for more.

Rick, can you "invent" a robust strobe/recognition light setup for us? Current ones on the market are rediculously priced. I'd be the first to buy it.

Rick, can you "invent" a robust strobe/recognition light setup for us? Current ones on the market are rediculously priced. I'd be the first to buy it.

I R not in the in venting bidness, but...

They can be done now, cost and size are the issue. Hi-power LED's are either being sold to someone else; not joe consumer, or they're still vaporware. Still smaller than conventional incandescent and flash tube though.

Next year (if not sooner?) I'll try to have a red or green recognition and strobe in one unit, and perdy near what FAR requires.

edit: Mike Lafleur (an EE) might have ideas too.

Rick

We'll see where I am in a year, I JUST STARTED BUILDING TODAY! :dancing.kumquat:

Not a bad idea though, bring layup samples, drops, bubble criteria, different materials... Kind of pointless in a way, but *I* thoroughly enjoy seeing things up close, in person. CozyGirrrls stuff was pretty cool.

Rick