Discovery is back!!

after a great show at Oshkosh the first three kits are being built, watch

for an article in kit planes for a build and for any one that does not know what Discovery is please check out www.itsdiscovery.com also a great article in august kit planes about the original flight in 1991. also see www.compositeshop.com

Has this new version of the Discovery/Freebird Xtreme flown yet? I know the one photo on the site is from Oshkosh 2005, when it was trailered to the show. Your current site doesn't show the plane in the air. The CG range looks to be larger than most EZ-types (from the posted drawing), was that tested or calculated?

I am curious about the flying qualities, specifically stability in yaw and pitch. Does it display any dutch roll tendency?

I think it's quite ambitious to pursue the whole range from LSA to Jet, to four-place, and I wish you the best of luck with it. Your current plane and the LSA are less than what I'm looking for. The Jet is way more than I'm looking for, but the four-place is just about right for my purposes.

-- Len

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

Sent by discovery, via e-mail to me...

We are taking everything one step at a time, we have three kits on order for the two place and hope to have one flying by sun n fun keep watching thanks, Kenny

Not much of an answer IMO. Come on team discovery, now's your chance. People are watching and waiting for more information. In the recent KitPlanes article, you're talking about 300mph+ turbine-powered versions. How about a bit more information on your next steps? What's the basic model going to be like?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Re-reading my original post, I feel that I may have come across a bit rough, so I want to add some context to my post.

I missed this plane at Oshkosh this year (if it was there), mostly because I was quite distracted by events in Mojave, but I have seen it there in the past. I did see another plane that was apparently derived from a Velocity XL with complete carbon fiber construction and inboard vertical stabilizers. It hasn't flown yet, but that didn't stop the vendors from trying to hawk it at $140,000 per kit. No flight equals no interest from me.

I wish success for any and all new designs, but it is difficult to buy-in when the demonstration of flight is missing, mis-stated, or non-existent.

-- Len

-- Len Evansic, Cozy Mk. IV Plans #1283

Do you need a Flightline Chair, or other embroidered aviation accessory?

tks for your interest, our aircraft was there in space number 40, our aircraft has 115 hours of flight time, there is no new discovery/freebird it is the same one flown to oshcosh in 1991, we just purchased the company last year and are very excited to bring this wonderful aircraft to market. Please check the web site for updates and look for the build article coming in kit planes www.itsdiscovery.com / 803-324-4718.