Toe Bar?

JuneBug

On a Long, I think the common thing to do is to pick up the nose and drag it, or build a dolly with a nice spot to put the nose into so you can push it around while it's grazing. The Long/Vari nose gear isn't all that strong, and I wouldn't dream of attaching a tow bar to it.

My $0.02.

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

There are two methods I use:

1) If I am manually moving the plane, I find it easier (and probably safer) to push the plane back-wards, slowly and gently. I stand in front of the canard, lift it just enough so I'm still supporting some of the weight (not balanced) then push back-wards. (Use caution, its possible to tip over back-wards if the mains come to a sudden stop and your not ready for it.)

2) At the hangar, all the EZ's (we shared with 4 other EZs) had a small 4 wheel furniture dolly under the nose. After I shut down in front of the hangar, I get my dolly and lift the nose, then rest it on the dolly.

We painted lines on the floor to act as guides. as long as everyone stayed on their line, all the EZs could be moved around without worry of hangar rash.

On one occation that I needed to be towed in from the runway after an emergency landing (valve in cylinder broke). I sat in the plane and held the rope with my hands.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

On one occation that I needed to be towed in from the runway after an emergency landing (valve in cylinder broke). I sat in the plane and held the rope with my hands.

Theres never a camera when you need one!!