Looking for Long EZ builders in Houston Area

I have recently started building a long ez in my garage in Friendswood, Tx.

I have completed the project thru Main Gear being mounted and wheels, brakes and axles are mounted. I have not yet run break lines or master cylinders. I have begun the landing brake and it is built and installed but I want to use a linear actuator rather than the mechanical. I would like also to know if someone can advise me on where to acquire and the size and weight which would be sufficient to operate the break efficiently? While I am at it, does anyone know a foam supplier in the Houston Area?

bobmane

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Greetings,

My name is Brad and I just moved to the area. I am planning on starting my Quickie project this summer after I get the garage up to par. :)

How far along are you on the EZ?

Take care.

~Brad

Bradlie Green USCG

1376 Flight hours and counting.

I have the tub on main gear. I'm currently working on the canard. I know someone with I believe a quickie or quickie II. He is interested in selling it I think? If you are interested i can find out. What part of Houston are you in?

I have recently started building a long ez in my garage in Friendswood, Tx.

I have completed the project thru Main Gear being mounted and wheels, brakes and axles are mounted. I have not yet run break lines or master cylinders. I have begun the landing brake and it is built and installed but I want to use a linear actuator rather than the mechanical. I would like also to know if someone can advise me on where to acquire and the size and weight which would be sufficient to operate the break efficiently? While I am at it, does anyone know a foam supplier in the Houston Area?

bobmane

The linear actuator I use is 110 lbs. 4" stroke 12 volt motor

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Greetings,

My name is Brad and I just moved to the area. I am planning on starting my Quickie project this summer after I get the garage up to par. :)

How far along are you on the EZ?

Take care.

~Brad

Maybe we can still save you. if you are reading on this forum there still maybe hope. Why a quickie? why not a real Rutan canard? a real airplane. the Q does not make any since. they take just as long to build as an eze. they are way to small to be comfortable. there are not any good reliable engines for them. the resale value sucks. and they are very difficult to fly. and have the highest percentage of owners that have wrecked or scared them selves so bad they wont fly it again and sold it cheap.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

LOL, No need for saving. The quickie is different but as in all of Rutans aircraft, you need to build it as designed and follow all his updates to the letter. The Q2 I flew in was powered by a 912 and I enjoyed the He$# out of it and it was a dream to fly with the LS1 canard and hoop gear.

Any new news on the Open-EZ project? I would love to see the second release..

Take care,

Bradlie Green USCG

1376 Flight hours and counting.