TV Show on the Web

Bruce

If you enjoy watching video's check out my new "work in progress" web site www.pursuitofflight.com Pursuit of Flight is a web based TV series involving all things flying, and our emphasis is light sport and experimental aircraft, but we'll mix in anything interesting. For example a friend of mine down the road is rebuilding a Jenny and I'm stopping in from time to time, shoot some video and get some interviews. Hopefully Al Wick will let me drop in and do a segment on his conversion (he's only 40 minutes away) and as soon as I can get out Jack's way I'll do a new segment on his changes to his ERacer. My goal is to add at least one new episode a month and I'll be adding some canard segments in the future. Some of you may have already watched these segments, but a lot of people haven't had the chance, so now I'm making them available for all.

If you have any ideas for a segment, please do drop me an email I'm open to suggestions.

These are the four that are ready to watch...

Episode 1 RV-12 - I was shooting at Twin Oaks Airpark and the RV-12 flew in, it had less than 10 hours on the Hobbs. This is Van's Aircraft entry in to the Light Sport Aircraft world and I caught it out in the wild. More on this craft in later segments.

Episode 2 Glasair - We interview Andrew Seefried, builder of an award wining Glasair at the Arlington EAA Air show, take a flight, get a guided tour and receive some encouragement for other builders. The details of this plane are just fabulous and the instrument panel will knock your socks off.

Episode 3 Lancair- In this episode we visit the Lancair facility during it's yearly three day fly-in. We have some really great air to air shots with an in depth interview with Carl Lewis (not the runner or writer) builder of a Legacy an absolutely beautiful aircraft. "It's really like you'd like flying to be, it just soars through the air with great enthusiasm". With a quote like that how could you not watch this episode!

Episode 4 Viperjet - It's the Viperjet, need I say any more! Tag along as I get the privilege of riding in the back seat of a truly great airplane and go up side down for the first time. Oh my! This is part one of a three part series, the other two will air sometime in the future so stay tuned.

Coming soon... Episode 5 Aventura II - We shot this at Sebring Florida during the Sport Aviation Expo. In one of the planes I was able to go up in was the Aventura II. What a thrill to land a plane on water for their first time. Everyone needs to experience this at least once. Want to see what a power on/off stall looks like in this plane, you'll have to watch.

Hope you enjoy the segments, we've had several thousands of downloads so far.

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

• 1 month later...

We've added 3 new segments at www.pursuitofflight.com and one is about a Cozy Mark IV. The episode about the Aventura II was added earlier.

Episode 6:

A new composite kit airplane that's designed with the newly developed Fold-A-Plane technique. Join me as I walk you through the unfolding of this unique way of building a kit airplane in my garage. 5 1/2 minutes

Episode 7:

A story several years in the making, ending with the completion of a beautiful RV-4. Rion Bourgeois of EAA Chapter 105 took a little longer than usual to complete his RV-4 but he never gave up. So the question is, can you finish building a plane just as a "hobby"? 9 minutes

Episode 8: The Cozy Mark IV is the featured aircraft in this show. Colby Farmer, builder of a Mark IV takes us on a guided tour of his plane, shares his experience of the challenge of building and flying a canard aircraft. This is just one 10 minute segment from our 3 hour special on canard aircraft. The two DVD set gives you an inside look from 9 different canard aircraft builders, two who are A&P's and one a DAR.

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

Nice segments. I enjoyed the fold-a-plane bit and even the RV story.

Bruce, speaking of the fold-a-plane, are you still building it? How are you doing with it?

Hi Jon,

I guess I need to do a better job next time on the Fold-A-Plane segment.:) What you see in the segment is exactly where I am in the process, and yes, I'm still building it in my garage. I'll shoot another segment in the next week or so cutting the elevators out and glassing in the cut off sections, I'll be using the Fein tool for that segment.

Talked with Al Wick the other day and I'll be doing what may end up being 2 or 3 segments on his Cozy MKIV, we'll be shooting in about 2 weeks. If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask him, shoot me an email and I'll ask during the interview.

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

I liked the "This Old House" feel to your narrative. It seems to work well. I also thoroughly enjoyed the RV-4 walkthrough, where the fellow walked through what seemed to be an endless list of to-dos required to fly, but then years later, you had him flying.

Well done!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV