CNC cut foam cores

EZ AHAB

Excellent job on the foam cores!

Good value excellent quality.

Thank you for cutting them before you left.

Here's a great example of ingenuity filling a niche.

My wife and I thank you for your family's sacrifice

Fly safe and tailwinds home!

Excellent job on the foam cores!

Good value excellent quality.

Thank you for cutting them before you left.

Here's a great example of ingenuity filling a niche.

My wife and I thank you for your family's sacrifice

Fly safe and tailwinds home!

John,

You probably don’t know how close you came to losing those cores to me. :bad: The truck was gassed-up Sunday night and ready to deploy complete with an alternate driver. Was just waiting for the call. Still, I’m very happy that things worked out for you. Keep us posted here under this thread how everything checks-out with the cores and how you think your build process was improved based on their use. I’m not quite ready for the wings yet, but I will be long before Steve returns. You’re a lucky guy my friend, now go out and buy a lotto ticket! :D

Hat ;)

Airspeed is Life -

:cool: - Having lots of it

is Better!

• 1 month later...

Well, I can't cut foam over here :irked: but that doesn't stop me from working on my laptop:D. I've finally got a website up and running. Here is the temporary address:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/eurekacnc/

Note the price list isn't quite complete and it will probably change slightly but this should be pretty close.

Please contact me via this forum as opposed to the email address given on the site as I won't be checking that address very often. The email address given on the site will likely change once I get a domain name.

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Extreme Precision CNC Hotwire Cutting

Perfection To The Core!

• 3 months later...

Well, after more hours in the back of a C-17 than I care to count, I'm finally home. I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks spending time with the family but then I'll be back in production. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes.

Steve

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Perfection To The Core!

Steve, welcome home! Spend as much quality time with your family as you can.

I have a set of cores produced by Steve and they have checked out perfectly against the plans so far. I promise to do a more thorough review and write-up shortly. I suppose I'll have to find something wrong with them, but that's going to be rather difficult.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 7 months later...

welcome back

a stupid question:your wings and canards are the same of the berkut?sorry for my ignorance

thanks for reply:D

I cut a canard for a Berkut. It was the same as a Long-EZ except it had 14" long tips instead of 11". I'm still not certain about the wings. I know the Berkut has a straight trailing edge which is an option I've already made for the Long-EZ. I think it may also have spar caps of a different thickness. I plan on offering a full set of Berkut cores when I finally get to take a look at the plans.

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Perfection To The Core!

• 4 weeks later...

I won Stephen James' Eureka CNC canard cores at the Cozy dinner and can say that they are perfectly made!

Cutting cores by hand can be difficult and time consuming. A couple years ago I had the help of an experienced builder, but the set we cut by hand took all day, we screwed up the depth of the spar cap on one side, as well as the elevators. Until I got the Eureka CNC set, I was planning on trying to cut them again.

Steve's Eureka CNC cores are great, the price is right and the quality is exellent. I'll be ordering a full set of wing/winglet cores in the next week or so.

(BTW -- I plan on using these cores to make a dihedral canard)

• 1 year later...

I've finished my training for the summer and I've almost got my machine back together here in the new place in Vegas. I'm going to go ahead and start accepting orders again since I've been getting lots of folks trying to send me orders anyway. I've had to adjust my prices some due to huge increases in the price of foam in the last few months. These price increases have affected all foam suppliers including Wicks and Aircraft Spruce so it's not just me.

-Steve

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Perfection To The Core!

Probably not since that is a compound curved thing. Also, there doesn't really seem to be a standard to follow. If anyone has an idea they'd like me to cut, I'll give it a try, time permitting.

I've been considering doing some testing and helping a friend build blended winglets on his airplane but that will be awhile before anything comes of that.

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Perfection To The Core!