LongEZ Tub question

Bruce

I have an chance to purchase a LongEZ tub but I have some questions regarding some dark colorizations on the fuselage. The color in question is above each of the yellow lines. I can't figure out what the dark area may be, any thoughts from the group?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Sturgill

post-467-141090154507_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

chances are that this gentleman (or lady for that matter) used ez poxy and the discolorations are from using slurry. ( when you mix micro baloons together with epoxy for joining the foam) This is my thought............and I could be wrong, but it is quite plausible.:D

chances are that this gentleman (or lady for that matter) used ez poxy and the discolorations are from using slurry. ( when you mix micro baloons together with epoxy for joining the foam) This is my thought............and I could be wrong, but it is quite plausible.:D

Thanks for the educated guess, that's what a few other people have thought as well.

Bruce

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

Mixing slurry which is white micro usually comes out lighter in color. Heavy epoxy is a definate possibility. Epoxies also darken when exposed to the sun or when curred in the sun. This is a no-no.

Ez poxy that is old is darker in color but I don't know if it effects the strength.

I had some two year old ez poxy that was very dark, the same color you have but it cured up just fine. But I was using it to patch up some household items, not on the plane.

Other than that , the tub looks fine

• 2 weeks later...