Matco 4" Nosewheel.

Andrew Winkworth

Andrew, I don't know, but here's what Nat had to say about them:

Rosenhan 4" wheels, now made by MATCO, are more expensive and have a different bearing spacing than the Brock and the Gerdes wheels, so the spacer bushings do not fit. When ordering a 4 in. nosewheel from Wicks or Aircraft Spruce, specify Gerdes and do not accept MATCO or Rosenhan.

Hope that helps.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon,

I have read that before, and I do know that Nat was very anti-Rosenhan (Matco) after having a set of warped wheels/brakes on his Vari-ez (I think).

The question has been posted as Wicks does not have any remaining stock of the nosewheel. The ACS price has jumped $20 in the last 6 months...

Just looking or alternates before they are no more.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew Winkworth

Cozy MKIV #937

Brisbane Australia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is an unfortunate situation of Nat not being up to date about Matco, the company changed hands a long long time ago and all the parts and brakes were evaluated and redesigned, its a new company and new parts, only the name is the same. I guess I'll have to buy a Matco nosewheel and machine the appropriate spacers to work with it, anything is better than the Gerdes wheel, I swear it was cast in somebody's cat's litterbox.

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Ken Miller sent me a couple of sets of what I was told were BD-5 main wheels which were the same as the nosewheels except they have bosses for the disk brakes, I'm writing a program to remove the bosses then true the wheels up before polishing them.

Find the source for the old BD-5 mains and I'll crank them out for you.

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo