Need Dynafocal 2 mount help

britguy59

My Long EZ project is coming along, although I have a bum back :sad: and its slow going. My great engine deal of a IO-320 has a slight mount problem. It requires a Dynafocal type 2 mount, as it came off a Twin Comanche, , and I have not been able to find one from any junkyard, nor any welder willing to make me one. :scared: I have the original 0-235 mount and a dynafocal 2 ring but can't seem to find a way to blend the two. I invite any help in solving this problem, as all my efforts so far have produced nothing. I live in the Tampa Florida area. Thanks!!:D

Also, you can try:

www.aerocad.com

www.eznoselift.com (recently acquired the Brock Manafacturing Co's tooling)

Next, watch www.barnstormers.com and eBay. Definitely ask on the Canard Aviators Yahoo! list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canard-aviators).

After that, you can consider having one fabricated (assuming you have or can locate the plans).

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Thanks for the advice. I wrote to the Cozy Grls last week explaining the problem and asked for assistance. I have recieved no reply, perhaps they want to stick with Cozy's only.

I am going to try to convert and weld my own using the new ring and the old frame mount. My skills are decent and I will prob have a welder check it for security. I may have to add a little metal but got to make some headway here and cost is an issue for a working man.

Martin

Zephyrhills

Thanks for the advice. I wrote to the Cozy Grls last week explaining the problem and asked for assistance. I have recieved no reply, perhaps they want to stick with Cozy's only.

When I spoke with Chrissi at Rough River, she said she was working on a new and improved LEZ engine mount. It's entirely possible that they're just swamped right now...give them time, I know they want to support the Long-EZ folks too.

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.