Assemble Fuselage per plans or upside down?

CFernandez

Anyone have any ideas for how to spread the fuselage sides 1/8 to 1/4" on each side so that I can flox-up my seatback, position, and then unspread the sides? I'm looking for some sort of Rube Goldberg device I can make with what I already have. :confused:

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Yeah, take two 2x2's that are just a hair longer (a half-inch or so) than the width at the seatback. Put one in across the upper longerons, one in across the lower longerons. They will sit at an angle because they are slightly longer. Now gently tap on the 2x2's until both ends are nearly perpendicular to the longerons. This will spread the sides slightly, enough for you to position the seatback in place. Reverse the tapping to remove the 2x2's. The sides should then be against the seatback by then.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

For whatever reason (a personal defect), I was imagining something more precise -- something with threads, etc.

Still, I just realized I might be able to invert a long clamp to get the job done. Assuming of course that I have two that wide and they are reversable. I know my 4" Quick Grips are.

The 2x4s will work fine! Thanks.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV