removing fittings from old epoxy fabric layup

jany77

hi guys i have guestion about good used technic on removing old fittings from old layup the reason is im building an ez and i couldnot find any wing fitting atachement so im thinking buy one set which have been used but it was cut out from wing now how remove the parts properly without any damage thank you

hi guys i have guestion about good used technic on removing old fittings from old layup the reason is im building an ez and i couldnot find any wing fitting atachement so im thinking buy one set which have been used but it was cut out from wing now how remove the parts properly without any damage thank you

A little heat on the metal parts will gooifiy the surrounding epoxy. Then extract and clean

Don't overdo the heat. Use just enough to soften. I don't think that the temps we are talking about will change the characteristics of the metal. Someone with more knowledge, chime in.

Rich

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

Kill two birds with one stone. If it's a bushing, try drilling the bushing out with progressively larger and larger bits. When the walls of the bushing get thin enough, the heat from the drilling will gooify the flox (as Rich said) and if you're lucky the bushing will spin out of the layup and onto the drill bit. Just ensure the progressive drilling stays on center and doesn't get too too hot.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks