Please, a newbie in distress - Cozy or Long??

Drekar

I think the 3000 hours is realistic for a 1st time builder. The problem is, where can you find this number of hours in your life.

I believe the single most benificial item was that I was building my project in my garage. I didn't need to drive somewhere else to work on the project.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

• 3 months later...

I have had a flying Longez since 89 with 1000+ hours. I had a O-235 for the first few years but the O-320 is much better. the 0-235 gets better economy but never had quite enough power to have the take off performance I wanted. My long loaded with two people and close to full fuel needs most of the runway at Jefco for a safe take off. Don't plan to go into a high and hot runway less than 3 thousand feet and get out easily with two and enough fuel for a long trip.

I built and flew a long back in the middle 80's it had a 0235 c2c just like the proto type Burt built. It was fun to fly and really cheap It was a pain to get 2 people out of a high altitude aiport. If I would have kept it I would have put in a 0320 I am now building a cozy IV the fuselage is much more complicated than the longeze and twice as big I like what nat has done with the motor mounts though. I think the landing gear is way beefier. I was a brand new pilot when I finished my long it was super easy to fly. Just had to get used to landing it properly, air speed was everything on final. When I finish this Cozy I will fly it for a while and if I dont like it. I will sell it and build another Longeze. Man do I miss that plane on a clear day. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21