Looking for a ride at Rough River

Hi my fellow canardians,

I am a soon to be an Aerocanard builder. I have the plans and have built my table, and scales are ready to go. I also have hangar space to begin the build. I have hung around in the background for a while and made several trips to Rough River and Oshkosh. What I would like to know is if anyone can give a demo ride to me or more importantly my wife in a Cozy or Aerocanard at Rough River? I would be willing to buy some gas, lunch, dinner or what ever to give my bride the experience. She has been through the Pinch Hitter program and loves flying. For her, the flight is to set the hook. For me, the flight would be to see the flying qualities.

If there is any interest, let me know

Wil

post-1570-141090154398_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi my fellow canardians,

I am a soon to be an Aerocanard builder. I have the plans and have built my table, and scales are ready to go. I also have hangar space to begin the build. I have hung around in the background for a while and made several trips to Rough River and Oshkosh. What I would like to know is if anyone can give a demo ride to me or more importantly my wife in a Cozy or Aerocanard at Rough River? I would be willing to buy some gas, lunch, dinner or what ever to give my bride the experience. She has been through the Pinch Hitter program and loves flying. For her, the flight is to set the hook. For me, the flight would be to see the flying qualities.

If there is any interest, let me know

Wil

there is a small air port 20nm to the sw? of rr that has fule good place to thumb a ride to RR ( i got 4 rides in 06 at RR) show up and you should do fine

Steve M. Parkins

Jon, you need to convince fliers that you're actually going to "build" your Cozy before getting ride time. :D

Ha, true, but I'm going to work the newbie angle -- I need motivation to get moving. ;)

I don't really need motivation, just better time planning (ok, maybe no more TV). My annual camping trip is this weekend. Thinking of canceling that in favor of getting the shop back in order. Something about facility-less hurricane-soaked tent camping that isn't sitting well with me right now...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

ON A SERIOUS NOTE....Anyone from the Philly area or next states over going to RR with there plane...I am looking for a ride to and from RR. Will pay for the Gas. And maybe share a room if you dont snore!!! OR...does anyone know of anyone that is going from my area let me know and I will contact them.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Tom McCormick

http://tomslongez.com

Almost done the nose section.