Wish me luck

raiki

I am doing my PPL flight test on the 29th of June. I have all the exams passed so this is the end.

Tried to do a couple of circuits Saturday morning to refresh myself, but the right ignition played up. Lost 400rpm and shook badly. Pretty sure one plug was not firing at all, could only get 1900rpm static on both ignitions (2400 red line IO-360, 160HP, 172R) Turned back from the run up bay and cancelled that day, will go again the weekend before my test.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

You gotta love those rentals. :scared:

Congrats on making it this far, and your upcoming milestone -- you must be feeling a major sense of accomplishment. Good job with that, and good luck on your test.

How does this play into your master plan? What's next?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

You gotta love those rentals. :scared:

Thats what sux, this one is fairly new so I am prepared to pay a bit extra for it. I guess every component fails at some point.

How does this play into your master plan? What's next?

There is no master plan. My intention was to get my PPL, so hopefully this will be it. Before that I have been flying on a recreational license (ultralight/LSA type certificate).

I doubt I'll ever go CPL, too old for that now.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

Whether I built a Cozy or not I was going to get my PPL. Something I hadn't considered is that I will need RG. Not that it's a big deal, I just didn't think about it.

The Cozy is probably going to be a 10 year project, so I'll have heaps of hours up before then. I plan to fly a lot of RG and CSU, hopefully in a Debonair and/or 172RG, in that time.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

• 2 weeks later...