Ordered Plans

AP3_C

I just put through my order for a set of Cozy IV plans.

I have to say thanks to all those pleople out there that I have talked to regarding my decision to build a Cozy IV.

I originally started out with the intent of building a Long/Open-Ez, but with discussion between my wife and I, as well as many other people I have decided to go ahead with the Cozy IV.

I now have to wait approx 8 weeks for the plans to get here (Australia), which works out well as the plans are meant to be my birthday present. (isn't my wife nice.:D )

Current status for the Canard Construction facility (CCF) is that I am fitting out the insides with benches, power, lighting and such.

Anyway I am now a Cozy IV wannabe. :)

Jamie

"An upsidedown Australian that wants to build an aircraft that flys backwards"

I have to say thanks to all those pleople out there that I have talked to regarding my decision to build a Cozy IV.

I originally started out with the intent of building a Long/Open-Ez, but with discussion between my wife and I, as well as many other people I have decided to go ahead with the Cozy IV.

I now have to wait approx 8 weeks for the plans to get here (Australia), which works out well as the plans are meant to be my birthday present. (isn't my wife nice.:D )

Current status for the Canard Construction facility (CCF) is that I am fitting out the insides with benches, power, lighting and such.

Anyway I am now a Cozy IV wannabe. :)

Jamie

Welcome to the fold Jamie.

Your decision to build the cozy, I think was wise. There are several advantages. Primarily, if you and your wife intend to travel any amount, the rear seat is a great baggage compartment also available for dogs, cats, and wallabies. in a long or veri, your small duffles are on your lap, or being shipped by common carrier. You also have the ability to put a couple more souls in the craft should you be able to convince them to fly with you.:scared:

Another benefit is in the construction, especially in the "hell hole". Having a wider fuselage will give you much more access to difficult places and make the construction easier since you can climb inside with plenty of room.

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

Congratulations!

I'd agree -- the Cozy Mark IV is a great plane, a capable 4-place or 2-place with a TON of luggage space.

Put a lot of energy into this part as it's one of the last chances you'll get to setup a few things "right". Keep in mind that you can complete through Chapter 4 on a 4'x4' piece of plywood, and can build your large jig table/bench after that. I did it this way and it worked out nice in that I had a chance to change based on actual usage. Of course, you can always think through things more than I did and get everything setup now.

Welcome to the club!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Well done Jamie. The plans are an absolute hoot to read & fondle, which is all I've done with mine so far. Don't get too hung up on John's comments above, the shed'll do!

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Jamie, another like minded Adelaide dweller.

I have been looking for other canard builders/wannabes for some time in SA. We're all coming out of the wood work now.

Any one else in SA, I have the facilites to print the OpenEZ drawings. If you want a copy I'd be glad to pass them on.

Looking at your user name I assume you work at Edinburgh. I know of one of the electronic techs on the Orions there.

Perhaps if there is enough interest we should all meet a pub one day to build a "Builders group" or so on.

I am not building at this stage. I am in the process of deciding between an OpenEZ or a Cozy.

Adrian Smart

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

RAKAI,

Yes, you are correct, when it comes to user names, I really have no imagination.

There are a few Adelaidians floating around now. Good to see. I have not started the build either, spent a good 2 years procastinating on what aircraft to build. I was looking at the Long/Open-Ez but in the end decided apon the Cozy IV.

If you need all the Canard pusher newsletters, let me know.

Jamie

Jamie

I have the Terf CDs so I have the Canard Pushers in searchable format. I also have the plans are contained on them, the AeroCanard freeware plans and the OpenEZ templates.

I like the utility of the Cozy but the fighter feel of the LongEZ. Oh the decisions.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453

Just ask my wife about the questions regarding the choice of aircraft I was going to build. In the end I think my wife was just happy that I had made my decesion and got on with it.

In the end the deciding factor was side by side seating and cargo carrying.

I would have loved the fighter type feel of the Long but that would have been at the expense of having my passenger all couped up in the back.

Jamie

The trouble I am having is my wife says it would need to be 4 seats, so far so good.

Then she said there is no way she would get in a plane that flies backwards.

Adrian Smart

Cozy IV #1453