another optio for plans

velocity dreamer

Group correct me if incorrect.

It was more of a case of the licencing agreement only allowed for "support" for the construction of one aircraft off one licenced set of plans.

RAF now no longer, really supports Long-Ez construction anymore as plans are no longer available from the designer. Hence why a lot of people turn to groups like this one for support. There is a very large number of people that are very active and helpful with helping other Canard builders.

At the moment there is work under way to have available the required templates to build a Long-Ez available for download so with the TERF CD that has the plans and other various and required info and the possible dowloadable templates a Long-Ez can be built. (Look in the Long-Ez thread for disscussion on templates). The people involved in this are doing a great job and I believe there are a large number of people that are keeping an eye on how things are going.

For futher info on licencing issues, have a look through the various threads in the Coffee House section (I think) and you will see a discussion on Long-Ez licencing stuff.

Hope this helped.

Jamie

"An upsidedown Australian that wants to build an aircraft that flys backwards"

"The people involved in this are doing a great job and I believe there are a large number of people that are keeping an eye on how things are going."

I'm onboard with this also. I think we are going to see a lot more builds starting. (Me for one) All those interested should get behind Jon and Tony with whatever they need! :cool:

Press on!!!!

Tom

"Time flys when your building"

Once the online templates are complete, all you need is the TERF CD and download the files for the required templates. You maybe required to purchase the pre cut wing cores from Aero Canard (????).

I myself will also look at starting as well once everything is finalised. Sounds like there could be a new generation of Long-EZ"ish" aircraft flying in the next 5-15 years. Here's hoping.

AeroCanard can supply cores

Cozy Girrls website will (hopefully) be able to supply Long-Ez metal parts

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

or eBay and be prepared to spend $1,000.

The last set closed at over $1200US. I gave up on plans via eBay a long time ago.

Beagle (canardfinder) is much mroe reasonable, but his supply is small as he's a stickler about only selling unused plans (plans are supposed to stay with the plane).

These days, I'm all about the thread John mentioned.

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

I think there is a decent sized group looking at the thread, all sitting there poised to pounce and start sticking foam togeather. :)

Jamie