Project: Free Long-EZ Templates

Jon Matcho

Jon

Looks good to me. Certainly a good enough drawing to build from. With the tolerances set within an 1/16in you won't be able to tell the difference between this "Canard zone LongEZ" and a Rutan one. As far as I'm concerned Burt built first and measured second anyway. That would explain the random 32nd measurements to me anyway, when a few more thousandths and your at 15/16 alot easier to see on a ruler, but we have already kicked that horse to death.

keep up the great work.

Tony

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - why didn't I find this thread earlier? Count me in on anything I can do to help. I have a set of Cozy Mk IV plans laying around that I was thinking about starting soon. I'd be tempted to start the LongEZ first!

Keep up the great work and you won't have to twist my arm for help. I've been playing with modifying the Cozy fuse like ShaleDC in Rhino and have been working on my own. He's definitly way ahead of me, I'm still learning the software!

Bob Hassel

Cozy Plans #749

Santa Fe, NM

http://www.cozyworld.net

http://www.hassel-usa.com

Dave your alive:)

Indeed I am. I'm still swamped at work though. It looks like John is getting somehwere with the plans/templates hosting situation. How are your non-SNG drawings going?

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

Pretty good

I don't know if you have seen the drawings, they are the current post for the nose gear question in the main forum area. I finished the final drawing. They are a little different than the drawings I have posted. I'll start machining it this week and start taking pictures of the actual foot itself. Can't wait to test it. :D

Tony

Can someone catch me up on things. Ive been reading post after post and Im lost. What templates have been copied and where can they be found. I see a lot about the bulk heads but how about the wings. Someone said you could buy wing cores from aerocanard but I dont see them on the website. I dont mind cutting my own wings if I had the hot wire temps and jigs.

Lynn

Lynn-

Right now this is a project to make all of the templates freely available. There are a few of Tony's drawings downloadable from ez.org, but they're not enough to build a plane from. Tony's drawings also incorporate popular modifications, such as a widened instrument panel and a longer nose, both of which can be seen in the downloadable drawings. Eventually, if I understand it right, there will be templates and 2/3D drawings available for the entire plane, both stock and modified. I'm sure someone will add more or correct me on the details, but that's the gist. Aside from the bulkheads, there aren't any of the templates available yet that I know of, but I'm sure when they're done, there will be a huge announcement.

-dave

This is not a sig. This is a duck. Quack.

Sorry everyone, but digitized Long-EZ drawings are not to be made available.

For an alternative, check out the Open-EZ project in the new Designs & Modifications section of this forum, where Long-EZ compatible drawings ARE available.

This thread is now closed.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV